Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: A friendly game dev Skype Chat Group [Announcement]  (Read 2204 times)

devtigris

• View Profile
A friendly game dev Skype Chat Group [Announcement]
« on: August 17, 2016, 06:39:50 pm »
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post,

I asked one of the members in our group, about what was a good game development forum was, and he suggested sfml-dev.org

I have been shepherding a friendly medium-size game development group on Skype for about 4 months. We have had over 160 members at one point, and still growing. We're aware of other outlets like Discord and Slack, but we're a bunch of odd game developers who prefer Skype, because it's more personal and convenient way to stay in touch. With all of its shortcomings.

We don't have a primary platform or language, and our members are very diverse in their background. Which can be really helpful for the community, in terms of networking. But we would definitely enjoy having more members share their SFML experience with us, which may in turn increase interest in the library.

For all who are interested,

Join our live game development chat here:
https://join.skype.com/CFcfqHOCJXI2

(This will open your cloud Skype, you don't actually need to have it installed.)

We have members from all walks of game dev scene. We would love to invite SFML game developers to join us for friendly discussion on making games with SFML, publishing on Steam and other outlets, sharing WIP screenshots and demos, and network with other devs which sometimes leads to finding new team members for your project.

We have a large Full Public Member's List Google+ document that I have built over the last 120 days or so, including artists, animators, JavaScript (canvas HTML5) C++ and C# programmers,  voice actors, 3D modelers, and Unity game developers.

I myself am working on a prototype game, and would love to invite others to share your work with us.

Please stop by, we hope to see you there!