Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: My First Game - A Simple Asteroids Game  (Read 2872 times)

UchihaKite

• View Profile
    • Email
My First Game - A Simple Asteroids Game
« on: September 27, 2016, 11:04:33 pm »
Good Afternoon SFML Community!

Once again UchihaKite has started a new thread in this fine forum, but alas it is not to ask the community for its help again! This time, I present to you all my first game! Now now now do not get too excited. It is just your basic asteroids game, however, it did take me a great deal of time to complete it, and it took me quite a bit of help as some of you already know. However, I am very proud of myself for finally completing this game! Can't even begin to express how excited I am to share this with all of you!

You use "A" to rotate counter clockwise and "D" to rotate clockwise. "W" is to actually move the player. "SPACE" is to fire a single bullet and "LEFT CTRL" is to fire 3 at once. Clicking "TAB" will bring up your current score and your high score to compare it with on a separate window. If you beat the high score and you die, your score gets saved, and becomes the new high score to beat! Attached to this thread is a picture of the game :D

Here is the link to the Source Code:
https://github.com/UchihaKite/SFML_Asteroids

I would really be thankful if some of you would take the time to play my game, analyze my code, and provide me with as much feedback, criticism, comments, advice, tips (etc), as possible. Having some input about my code, organization, style and what not would help me greatly in improving my skills. Thank you all for taking the time to read this!

I would also like to take this time to thank Draugr for his thread:
http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=12713.0
Along with those who helped him, eXpl0it3r, Ixrec, and Nexus.

I came up with a similar method to creating a Star filled background for my asteroids game, however, Draugr's method proved to be a lot more flexable, and was extremely educational to me.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 04:43:43 pm by UchihaKite »