Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [Mac OS X] SFML for Intel 64 bits  (Read 2252 times)

Ceylo

• View Profile
    • http://sfemovie.yalir.org/
    • Email
[Mac OS X] SFML for Intel 64 bits
« on: January 31, 2010, 10:22:56 pm »
Hello everyone ! :D

Yersteday, in the SVN repository I put an Xcode project able to produce Intel 64 bits SFML frameworks. Instead of just having frameworks for PowerPC 32 bits and Intel 32, there is now the Intel 64 bits architecture included.

I've been able do to some testing and mostly everything works fine. So what's wrong... first of all, the 64 bits versions of the OS libraries are only provided since Mac OS X 10.5. This means only users running Mac OS X 10.5 and later will benefit from this update.

Moreover, as you may know, there was a bug with the OpenAL framework provided with Mac OS X 10.4, but not with the one provided with Mac OS X 10.5. And as the Mac OS X 10.5 and later users are the only ones that can benefit from this update, I will no more provide an OpenAL framework. The one provided with the OS will be used.

This means there won't be any OpenAL framework in the 64 bits package. And no more freetype library included in the frameworks too (you actually don't see it because it's statically linked, but this means the packages will be a bit lighter.

However, I noticed the OpenAL framework provided with Mac OS X does NOT support audio recording, and I'm actually unable to build the OpenAL framework for Intel 64 bits myself. If I don't find any answer, audio recording won't be supported for Intel 64 bits applications.

I also noticed some crashes with the FTP sample, but I think it's related the STL library provided with Mac OS X, so I'll probably not able to fix anything on this side.

"Otherwise" everything I tried works fine. But I still would like you to test the Intel 64 bits SFML frameworks in order to fix the other possibles bugs before SFML 1.6 is released.

Intel 64 bits frameworks : sfml-macosx-x86_64.tar.bz2 (1.4 Mo).

Thank you :)
Ceylo
Want to play movies in your SFML application? Check out sfeMovie!

Ceylo

• View Profile
    • http://sfemovie.yalir.org/
    • Email
[Mac OS X] SFML for Intel 64 bits
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 03:30:12 pm »
The issue about audio recording with OpenAL is fixed. To know whether audio capture was supported, SFML was trying to find a particular extension, but its name is actually a bit different on Mac OS X 10.5+.
Want to play movies in your SFML application? Check out sfeMovie!