Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Mad Maze Attack  (Read 4795 times)

Sonkun

• View Profile
Mad Maze Attack
« on: October 16, 2017, 12:26:16 pm »
Hello everyone,

I want to share a video game project which was made exclusively with SFML. The name of the game is Mad Maze Attack and we've been working on it since November 2016. It's an ambitious project but we already have an advanced prototype on our side, which I hope to share with you in the following weeks.

As we need fund to complete the project, we started a fund campaign on Kickstarter. You'll find what the game is all about on it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sellekentertainments/mad-maze-attack

I would love to have your feedbacks on it (video and text), and answer your questions if it awakes your interests. Also, I would really appreciate if you help spread the word.

I intend to heavily advertise SFML with the game after it's completed by saying it was developed from A to Z and displaying the SFML logo on the splash screen. But that can only work if it reaches a commercial success.

Thank you  :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:30:01 am by Sonkun »
Interested in using SFML with Python ? Try out its Python binding!

Chaore

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Mad Maze Attack
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 04:51:43 am »
I'm very happy to see your project in such an advanced state  ;D!

I'll certainly help you ASAP :D :D!

Good luck!

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 09:01:27 pm »
To be honest it took me quite a while to understand the concept of the game just by watching the video. It's basically an exploration/cooperation game like Don't Starve? Or how do the individual goals/mazes/maps mentioned play into this?

Sonkun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 12:29:48 am »
Thanks Chaore  ;D

@Mario: Hmm, I never played "Don't Starve" soo I can't tell :D . Yeah, I understand because it's still abstract to us too  haha :P. Actually we haven' thought about the adventure mode much, I mean we have vision, features we want in it, but nothing properly defined. See it a local coop RPG. This is because we worked mainly on getting the mechanics and its controls right so far (as well as the animations, the gun play, maze editor, all the interaction with the maze, etc.). We also have the menus (which is not shown in the video).  We have a story (we know how we want it to begin and to end), we have tons of assets, the rest... has to be made. But the video reflects pretty much this "addventure" atmosphere we want to convey.

Other than that, we totally overlooked the marketing aspect of our Kickstarter campaign  :o . We expected some visibility at the start to have a chance to stand out. It turns out we're just invisible after all. I don't have much hope for the campaign but it's still a pleasure for me to share the hard work! :)
Interested in using SFML with Python ? Try out its Python binding!

Sub

• View Profile
Re: Mad Maze Attack
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 12:21:54 am »
Visuals took a minute for me to process but it does have a certain charm to it.  I'm not an artist, but for what it's worth, I think the characters / animations are well done.  I think you guys would benefit from having a better ground texture though.  I feel like the green / yellow patches in particular don't match the quality of everything else.

I'd also echo what Mario said.  I think you guys would benefit if you came up with a single sentence that describes the game and how it plays. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:26:13 am by Sub »

anything