Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Konio  (Read 2295 times)

Ovidiu29

• View Profile
Konio
« on: January 01, 2018, 11:00:56 pm »
  Hello community and happy new year! I have pleasure to publish my project Konio, a 2D real time strategy game.

Konio is economical and military strategy game. His action take place in 6th century BC ancient greece, where you have to fight with enemy fleets and protect your settlements.
  You can use coins to build a fleet and protect your city or conquest enemies. You can collect coins from trade route or taxes of population.
  Marines are soldiers armed with javelins. Rowers are civilians payed for moving the ships. Enemy ships can be sinked using ram from front of your ships or with fired javelins by marines.

Source code
Executable

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
Re: Konio
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 03:02:30 pm »
Hi Ovidiu29.

I haven't had the time to play it, but from the screenshots, it looks really nice.

Regarding the reported issue at Itch.io: You can avoid such by linking SFML statically into the executable.

FRex

• Back to C++ gamedev with SFML in May 2023
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 03:33:26 pm »
I'm pretty sure you can also bundle the needed so files with your executable and use a bash script to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running your game so ld can load your dynamic libs (so pretty much a "Windows style exe + dlls" bundle basically). You can't link OpenAL statically without affecting your own license code because it's LGPL.
Back to C++ gamedev with SFML in May 2023

Ovidiu29

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 01:57:06 pm »
I added in Linux archive dynamic libraries and bash script and i removed static libraries.

anything