Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: tearing/stuttering and possible sultions  (Read 1953 times)

fubris

• View Profile
    • Email
tearing/stuttering and possible sultions
« on: February 20, 2018, 02:55:37 pm »
Hello everyone, I really need your help I am trying to build a rouge like top down shooter. I will have a tiling background. I have attached the code for the tiling background. you can use your own tile just update the height and width to reflect that. Anyway,  when I build and run this code on my laptop ( ASUS X54IU running an intel i5 with no alternative graphics processor) I can clearly start seeing occasional tearing orstuttering. I have googled like crazy and everybody keeps referring to the following leak https://gafferongames.com/post/fix_your_timestep/ . I have looked through it numerous times and become confused more and more every time I go through it. Is what the article is talking about the only way to solve the stuttering/tearing. If so can somebody direct me to some compile-able code. I am open to any other suggestions

fubris

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: tearing/stuttering and possible sultions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 06:52:50 am »
I have managed to reduce the tearing or stuttering by configuring my Intel HD graphics 510 card to run at optimal performance and used vertical sync. thus I have concluded that the tearing/stuttering I am experiencing is hardware depended. I will build and test this code on more powerful GPUs and compare the results.

Phanoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 10:33:58 am »
Did you tried to remove the 60 fps frame rate limit you set and replace it with setVerticalSyncEnabled ?

fubris

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 11:59:26 pm »
Did you tried to remove the 60 fps frame rate limit you set and replace it with setVerticalSyncEnabled ?

well I enabled vertical sync on the Graphics card itself. That helped a lot, it didn't completely eliminate the stuttering but now they come once in a while and when they do occur they are just barely noticeable. It's better than before. Anywhere, how did the code behave on your machine?

anything