Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Can't even download SFML properly.  (Read 816 times)

DavidS

• View Profile
Can't even download SFML properly.
« on: June 12, 2018, 09:52:28 pm »
Hi.

When I download SFML it comes in one file 18,236KB (zipped?). The icon is an orange cone with white stripes. The option to 'extract all' is greyed out. I don't know what is going on.

Could anyone help? I'd like to get started on this.

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
Re: Can't even download SFML properly.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 03:33:08 pm »
It would depend on which type you downloaded as which filetype it would be. The majority of the downloads from the download page are "zip" files however the Linux and Mac ones are "gz" files, which is another type of zip.

The weird part here is that the icon is an orange cone with white stripes. That suggests that you have VLC installed and you've at some point told it that it should consider the zip to be its. You'll need to disassociate the zip file from VLC. That process will be different depending on your system.
Although, you should be able to load the actual extraction software directly and open up the file from there...
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*

DavidS

• View Profile
Re: Can't even download SFML properly.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 11:32:35 pm »
Thanks, that helped a lot.

I couldn't get VCL off being the default program for my zip folders, so I removed VCL entirely. I originally got it so I could loop specific sections of YouTube videos for music learning purposes.

After that was removed I was able to extract the files. Then it took a while to set up but eventually I got some SFML test code working.

Cheers for the help.

anything