Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Installing SFML on Mac  (Read 8036 times)

JonathanCR

• View Profile
Installing SFML on Mac
« on: July 14, 2019, 10:51:19 pm »
Hi everyone. I'm new to C++ and to SFML (obviously, given my problem!) so please be gentle with me! I am using Xcode 10.0 on High Sierra.

Simply put, I cannot seem to install it. I have followed the instructions here at https://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.5/start-osx.php . I have done the following:

Put the contents of the Framework folder into my /Library/Frameworks folder.
Put the contents of the extlibs folder into the same folder.
Created a /Library/Developer/Xcode/Templates folder and put the contents of the templates folder into it.

Running Xcode, I find that the SFML templates are present and correct. I choose the SFML App template. But the code as it stands doesn't build. It says: "Command PhaseScriptExecution failed with a nonzero exit code". (This is puzzling as I can't find such a command in the code.) It also gives me a warning, which says: "Traditional headermap style is no longer supported; please migrate to using separate headermaps and set 'ALWAYS_SEARCH_USER_PATHS' to NO."

I've tried adding #include <SFML/Graphics.hpp> to an existing project just to see what happens, and it says it cannot find the file.

I can see that there are header files in the download folder, in the subfolder "include". But there are no instructions about what to do with these. Should I be copying these somewhere? There is no "include" folder in my /Library folder. I have tried creating one and copying these files over there, but it makes no difference.

Apologies if I'm missing something very obvious - as I say, I'm new to all of this and this is the first time I have tried to install any libraries.

JonathanCR

• View Profile
Re: Installing SFML on Mac
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 09:03:21 pm »
If it helps, this is what the end of the log looks like...

JonathanCR

• View Profile
Re: Installing SFML on Mac
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 09:40:30 am »
Well, I don't know what was going wrong here, but I did manage to get it to work by using a different method, as described here -

So hopefully that will help anyone else having difficulties.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 03:26:45 pm by JonathanCR »