Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Release/link issues with VS10 & SFML2.0  (Read 1575 times)

Dembe

Release/link issues with VS10 & SFML2.0
« on: September 12, 2019, 05:09:11 pm »
Hello everyone,,,
So I've made a basic application using SFML 2.0.  I'd like to be able to release it as a single .exe to use on other computers, for example, but when running it on my wife's PC I get 'You don't have sfml-graphics.dll' type errors (as she obviously doesn't have SFML installed).

Until now I have been using -d.lib's and everything has been fine.  The release version runs properly on my PC.  I'm a pretty huge noob, so even getting the release version to run properly without the console window caused some grief.  I had to change the SubSystem and Entry point... or something (this was all done blindly via Google, have no clue what I really did).  I only mention that in case it's causing issues, although it's probably not.

I tried using sfml-graphics-s.lib, but it doesn't even compile.  Not sure if that was for 1.6 only or I've done something wrong somewhere.  I know I have to link the .lib's properly somewhere, but I'm lost on how to do it.  Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:37:19 pm by Laurent »

G.

• View Profile
Re: RELEASE/LINK ISSUES WITH VS10 & SFML2.0
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 06:35:04 pm »
If you're linking dynamically you need to provide SFML DLL alongside your exe.

If you don't want to provide the DLL, and want to link statically (-s) instead you'll need to follow the tutorial carefully, and if it still doesn't work show us what you did and what the errors are.
It should be easy because I think in 2.0 you only have to define SFML_STATIC and link the -s version of SFML libraries.

anything