Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Linux quit error / Shader units  (Read 1092 times)

Tenchi

• MSN Messenger - tenchi@hikago-fr.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundclick.com/tenchi
Linux quit error / Shader units
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:06:12 pm »
Hi again :)

This time I have two questions.

First, what is the unit defined in opengl that is the equivalent of one pixel un sfml ? I coded a quick gaussian blur shader in which i can choose the offset. In the beginning i was surprised when I set the offset to 1.0 thinking that it was one pixel (in fact it stretched the first column / row of pixel accross the whole screen). To do a decent blur I have to set the offset to 0.002 or less...

Second, I just compiled SFML2 under Archlinux, everything went smoothly, I built my project ok, the program runs good too. The only "problem" is when I quit (I used the same code I made under Windows) the application, I have the following exit error :

Code: [Select]
X Error of failed request:  GLXBadPbuffer
  Major opcode of failed request:  131 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  28 (X_GLXDestroyPbuffer)
  Serial number of failed request:  45
  Current serial number in output stream:  46

RUN FAILED (exit value 1, total time: 3m 13s)

(Note that it's better than when I crash under Windows, where the return value is something like -1'038'034'567 :D)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Linux quit error / Shader units
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 09:27:31 pm »
First, what is the unit defined in opengl that is the equivalent of one pixel un sfml ? I coded a quick gaussian blur shader in which i can choose the offset. In the beginning i was surprised when I set the offset to 1.0 thinking that it was one pixel (in fact it stretched the first column / row of pixel accross the whole screen). To do a decent blur I have to set the offset to 0.002 or less...

It's texture coordinates, so between 0.0 and 1.0.

I have no idea about the second error :?
Make sure that your drivers are up to date.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer