Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: AlgoSketch - Algorithm Visualizer created with SFML  (Read 6705 times)

zedrex

• View Profile
    • Email
AlgoSketch - Algorithm Visualizer created with SFML
« on: September 18, 2020, 08:10:37 pm »
Hello everyone,

AlgoSketch is an algorithm visualizer (for 5 sorting algorithms and 3 grid algorithms currently) created with SFML and C++. It was developed by me and one of my buddies for our undergrad course. We are still newbies but the project is somehow finalized (and we are proud of it :3).

We implemented a pseudo application library based on SFML and built the project on top of it. The application engine consists of basic window, state and event managers and some basic UI element classes. The project is still buggy because we have very little experience in SFML and OO principles. Thanks in advance for any advice or tips for us since we plan to put some more work on the project in the future.

For grid algorithms, you can create a custom sized 2D grid and draw a maze. Then you can specify the source/destination for the algorithm. For sorting algorithms, you can specify the size of the array and a list of that size will be created with randomly generated values as height. You can pause and resume the algorithms as you wish.

The code is open source and you can find it here: https://github.com/zedrex/AlgoSketch

Here are 3 visualizations from the project:

Thank you very much.

Raynobrak

• View Profile
Re: AlgoSketch - Algorithm Visualizer created with SFML
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 09:02:23 am »
Looks great, well done ! I like the UI (and the minecraft font  :)).

zedrex

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: AlgoSketch - Algorithm Visualizer created with SFML
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 12:16:13 am »
Looks great, well done ! I like the UI (and the minecraft font  :)).

Thanks a lot!

anything