Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: When will setSmooth be implemented for Fonts?  (Read 1702 times)

dogunbound

• View Profile
When will setSmooth be implemented for Fonts?
« on: July 04, 2022, 08:21:18 am »
What I want is the ability to disable set_smooth in rust-sfml. That's three jumps away from the main repository, but the main repository, thankfully, already has the setSmooth functionality for Fonts https://github.com/SFML/SFML/pull/1690

I read into CSFML, and I'll be honest. I have no clue what is going on. I want to know how doable it is to possibly implement setSmooth for CSFML that way I can help move it to rust-sfml.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 08:30:08 am by dogunbound »

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: When will setSmooth be implemented for Fonts?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 12:04:57 am »
Mostly, the CSFML binding is lagging behind the C++ SFML project, so some features may not be available yet.

I don't see why Font::setSmooth() should not be possible to implement for CSFML; it's probably more that no one has had the time to do so yet. If this is something you need, you are welcome to contribute with a pull request in the CSFML repository  :)
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

Varsha13

• View Profile
Re: When will setSmooth be implemented for Fonts?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 12:48:45 pm »
It is possible to implement setSmooth for CSFML, however, it will be a more complex task than doing the same in the SFML library. This is because CSFML is a wrapper for the SFML library, so you would need to be familiar with the underlying C code of CSFML and the SFML library, as well as Rust programming language. Additionally, you will need to be aware of any potential compatibility issues that could arise from making changes to both libraries. If you are familiar with C and Rust, then it should be possible to implement setSmooth for CSFML.

anything