Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Nickle Noobicle Puzzle Game  (Read 2564 times)

dejai

Nickle Noobicle Puzzle Game
« on: July 17, 2010, 12:32:55 am »
I have been working on a game with a small team of talented artists and game programmers since February of this year. We will be releasing our first stage release on the 17th of July and in preparation for that I have decided to make this post about the project and what you can look forward too. Of course we are using your graphics and audio library. You can find more about the project at http://ntengine.sf.net the project is released under the MIT license so the code is free to analyze and use in any way you wish I only ask you don't claim you wrote it but even that is optional I guess. However the art is under mixed licenses as it has been contributed by a multitude of artists.

Along with the game we have also built an engine which allows AI and game behaviours to be scripted using lua (for all the lua nuts out their we are using Lunar which is a low level interface to lua) and all game data such as speed of animations etc to be passed in using XML(which is being parsed using TinyXML it is fine for small scale indie projects we may be supporting some more efficient formats later on). You could write zelda or pong with our engine (an example of its flexibility). We are hoping to develop a editor soon so you can write your own games from scratch by just painting it onto the screen and scripting your games AI behaviors and without ever having to compile C++ code. That may not be as enticing to this community since most of you are C++ developers but we hope to build a strong UGC community around our engine.

Note the project is still under active development and is not ready yet for you to create your own separate games yet. Mainly because we have not standardized our file formats yet and I don't want anyone writing scripts and data files that may break further down the line.

Videos:
Note that the music in some of these videos is not music you will find in the game (Especially anything that sounds electric).

Thanks for the great library it has been awesome to work with (it doesn't complain much).

ActionBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 09:55:05 am »
Looks great.

dejai

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 06:33:35 am »
We have released our first stage release over at our website if you want to support us please download and test the package. We have Mac, Windows and Linux binaries + I have included the source code and instructions to build for your platform of choice. Cheers.

anything