Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Fresh Start II / Application Window Doesn't Launch  (Read 2247 times)

Stauricus

• View Profile
    • A Mafia Graphic Novel
    • Email
Re: Fresh Start II / Application Window Doesn't Launch
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2023, 09:05:49 pm »
wow, i see one thing that is wrong. in your search directories, remove the trailing backslash
i.e. change C:\SFML\2.5.1\include\ for C:\SFML\2.5.1\include
(do it for linker and include)

in your linker settings, keep just this:
sfml-graphics-d
sfml-window-d
sfml-system-d
Visit my game site (and hopefully help funding it? )
Website | IndieDB

Kain Nobel

• View Profile
Re: Fresh Start II / Application Window Doesn't Launch [Solved]
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2023, 07:46:13 am »
I appreciate your help, sorry I had to leave for a bit and do some adulting lol

This Build information in the two spoilers below is from the the suggestion, done exactly as stated. I've formated to the sfml-<library>-d in Linker and I've removed the \ from the end of the Search Directories (include and lib folder paths.) I tested to see if swapping them for / made a difference but it doesn't seem to.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Behind the scene, I've checked filepaths, made sure the compiler (TDM GCC 5.1) was good, made sure the proper files were in compiler's bin/ folder, etc. It seems to all check out.

So one thing I have discovered is it seems Code::Blocks seems to need the filepaths to be dictated by manually selecting them with the mouse. When the project is built with these settings, it unlocks 20 shiny errors of hope. In other words, I have to do...

• "lib\libsfml-graphics-d.a"
  • "lib\libsfml-window-d.a"
  • "lib\libsfml-system-d.a"

...and I get...

(click to show/hide)

And that's all I've got for now.

NOTE: These are the next steps, then I'll be updating the topic.

• Uninstall / reunstall Code::Blocks 20.03, just to rule out faulty IDE / components.
  • Uninstall / reinstall TDM 5.1.0 compiler, just to rule out if it's faulty or not.
  • Replacing the SFML/2.5.1/ files with fresh download, just to rule out it being faulty.
  • Triple check filepaths of things to make sure things are where things should be.
  • Stage a video from the "correct" state of configuration, then move forward experimenting with the results of different (purposely "wrong") settings and compilers to see if anything works.

EDIT: OK, so it looks like we're good now. I did have to uninstall / reinstall something (IDE and/or Compiler). Thank you for your help, we can stick a fork in it now :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 09:23:31 am by Kain Nobel »

Stauricus

• View Profile
    • A Mafia Graphic Novel
    • Email
Re: Fresh Start II / Application Window Doesn't Launch
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2023, 12:43:31 pm »
thats it, we're officially in linker errors now.
first you could try setting SFML_STATIC, as in the tutorials (I believe its the standard for Windows users)

EDIT: oh wait, did it work then?   ;D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 12:46:53 pm by Stauricus »
Visit my game site (and hopefully help funding it? )
Website | IndieDB