Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: what do I need to fully use the library of SFML?  (Read 844 times)

dimoooooch

• View Profile
    • Email
what do I need to fully use the library of SFML?
« on: December 04, 2023, 07:49:29 am »
first of all, when I downloaded this library, what and where do I need to put to use it?

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
Re: what do I need to fully use the library of SFML?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 07:47:05 pm »
First, it depends on which environment you are developing. w.g. Windows/Linux/Mac? Visual Studio/MinGW?

There are some tutorials that should guide you through setting it up (in these environments, look for the "SFML and ..."), here:
https://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.6/

Also depending on your environment is which types of files you need and where to put them.

If you are specific problems with those tutorials, you can give more information about your environment and which problems you are encountering. :)
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*

Thrasher

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 10:38:04 pm »
Follow the instructions for our official CMake tutorial. If you have any issues then please come to the Discord server to ask for help.

https://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.6/start-cmake.php

dimoooooch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 07:40:07 am »
First, it depends on which environment you are developing. w.g. Windows/Linux/Mac? Visual Studio/MinGW?

There are some tutorials that should guide you through setting it up (in these environments, look for the "SFML and ..."), here:
https://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.6/

Also depending on your environment is which types of files you need and where to put them.

If you are specific problems with those tutorials, you can give more information about your environment and which problems you are encountering. :)

my problem is when i was setting it up (Win 10, Visual Studio 2019), i did the same as it was showed on the site but console still had some errors, for example MSB6006 on line 1074 that i dont even have. i only have 38 lines

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 04:09:45 pm »
console still had some errors, for example MSB6006 on line 1074 that i dont even have. i only have 38 lines
Line 1074 of which file? If you don't have that many lines, it won't be yours but it will tell you which one.

HINT: also make sure you're running in debug mode and check the call stack as well.
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*