Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Compiling SFML 2.0 with Xcode 3.2.2  (Read 2600 times)

Joe123

• View Profile
Compiling SFML 2.0 with Xcode 3.2.2
« on: July 28, 2010, 09:05:49 pm »
I've been trying to compile SFML with Xcode 3.2.2 on Snow Leopard and I'm running into some problems. I've tried opening up the Xcode project and just pressing 'build', but I get whole host of errors.
The first one seems to be not linking to OpenAL properly; apparently on my computer the path for OpenAL is '<AL/*>' rather than '<OpenAl/*>', changing which rectifies a good few of the errors (but is unusual seeing as the ifdefs make an exception for OSX at this point, but my directories are different? OpenGL is stored under '<OpenGL/*>' as it should be).

The main other thing is that about a quarter of the source files seem to just not be there? For example, in sfml-system target in the Xcode project there's a link to a file called 'Unicode.cpp', which just isn't there in the source download.
There are a lot of files missing from the sfml-graphics directory that are there in the project but aren't in the download.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 10:28:02 pm »
SFML 2 has not been ported yet to Mac OS X, don't even try to compile it ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

SamuraiCrow

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - samuraileumas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 10:28:42 pm »
SFML 2.0 hasn't been ported to MacOSX yet.  See this thread on the subject.

Joe123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 10:55:53 pm »
Ok, thanks.

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 10:36:20 am »
Joe123, do you know anything about joystick and HID ? I may need help about this subject so if you know anything you'll make one (me) happy. :)
SFML / OS X developer

starmessage

• View Profile
    • View the moon phase and write your name in the stars
Re: Compiling SFML 2.0 with Xcode 3.2.2
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 10:03:16 am »
If I understood correctly, the ready libs of sfml 2.0 are for xcode 4. (I hope I am wrong and you will correct me).

To use xcode 4, you need to upgrade to mac osx lion first.
Mac osx lion has some annoying functionality  and xcode 4 has too many bugs.

I am writing to this old post to ask if there are any updates on compiling sfml 2.0 with xcode 3.2.6

I already have a compiling project of a screensaver ( http://www.moonscreensaver.com ) in visual studio 2010.
( http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=9280.0 )

Should I try to use the CMake, export an xcode 3.2 project and try from there on?
Thank you for any help and guidance on this.

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Compiling SFML 2.0 with Xcode 3.2.2
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 10:25:35 am »
PLEASE ! don't post in dead thread !

the project template are for xcode 4.x only, but sfml works with any compiler, of course, on OS X 10.6+. just follow the tutorial in order to install sfml and then use it as any library (i.e. refer to the official xcode 3.x documentation).

Quote from: tutorial
Be aware that these templates are not compatible with Xcode 3. If you are still using this version of the IDE and you are not considering updating your tool then you can still, of course, create SFML-based applications, however, we will not discuss here how you can do that. Please refer to Apple's documentation about Xcode 3 and how to add a library to your project.
SFML / OS X developer

anything