Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Visual Studio 2022 and SFML-2.6.1 Build Errors  (Read 226 times)

NappyBoy

• View Profile
Visual Studio 2022 and SFML-2.6.1 Build Errors
« on: December 28, 2023, 07:42:43 pm »
Hi,

So I'm following this (official?) tutorial to get SFML 2.6.1 up and running with VS2022.

I've followed every step to the letter and even cross-checked with a YouTube tutorial but when I copy the test code from the bottom of the tutorial into my project and try to run it I get 18 errors along the lines of:

Code: [Select]
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Details
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __cdecl sf::String::String(char const *,class std::locale const &)" (__imp_??0String@sf@@QEAA@PEBDAEBVlocale@std@@@Z) referenced in function main SFML-Take2 C:\Users\admin\Documents\Projects\CPP\SFML\SFML-Take2\Main.obj 1

and:

Code: [Select]
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Details
Error LNK1120 17 unresolved externals SFML-Take2 C:\Users\admin\Documents\Projects\CPP\SFML\x64\Debug\SFML-Take2.exe 1

What am I doing wrong? I've started 3 different projects from scratch and followed the tutorial exactly step by step. I've checked and double-checked all the paths are correct. I've checked and double-checked the 'Additional Dependencies' in 'Linker >> Input' exactly match the names of the .lib files. I've checked and double-checked I've copied the correct DLLs to the 'Debug' folder of my project.

I cannot for the life of me see what I've done wrong. Is the tutorial out of date? What's happening here?

NappyBoy

• View Profile
Re: Visual Studio 2022 and SFML-2.6.1 Build Errors
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 10:26:03 pm »
Nevermind. I know what I did wrong. I was using the 32-bit library but trying to build x64. I switched it to x86 and re-added the relevant paths and DLLs etc. and it worked!

anything