Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Initial Installation Issue - (0xc0150002)  (Read 12200 times)

j70141

• View Profile
Initial Installation Issue - (0xc0150002)
« on: March 27, 2008, 05:25:19 pm »
Have installed SFML for Visual Studio 2008 as shown in the instructions.

Put the following program for installation:

Code: [Select]
#include "stdafx.h"
#include <SFML/System.hpp>
#include <iostream>

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
    sf::Clock Clock;
    while (Clock.GetElapsedTime() < 5.f)
    {
        std::cout << Clock.GetElapsedTime() << std::endl;
        sf::Sleep(0.5f);
    }
return 0;
}

Did the whole link thing listed in the instructions...

Received the following errors during running and compilation:

LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe d:\Projects\SFML1\SFML1\sfml-system.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe d:\Projects\SFML1\SFML1\sfml-system.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002
Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable exception was thrown during process load
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe d:\Projects\SFML1\SFML1\sfml-system-d.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002
Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable exception was thrown during process load
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe d:\Projects\SFML1\SFML1\sfml-system-d.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe d:\Projects\SFML1\Debug\sfml-system-d.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe d:\Projects\SFML1\Debug\sfml-system-d.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002

Along with an error for running:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application."

I get the same error when I used sfml-system.dll too.

First time using it... thank for any help.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 05:36:57 pm »
We get this error on the forums at least once every week... ;)

Fast answer : recompile SFML.

For more details : search similar threads on the forum.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

j70141

• View Profile
Recompile SFML
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 05:48:10 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"
We get this error on the forums at least once every week... ;)

Fast answer : recompile SFML.

For more details : search similar threads on the forum.

Thank you Laurent, I appreciate your answer.  Truth being, I had been programming a game in Visual Basic when someone mentioned SFML to me and I wanted to try it out to see if it would work better for me.  If it works, I would very likely switch and redo the entire game.

Problem is, my Visual C++ is over 5 years old and I have forgotten quite a bit.  I am literally cracking open a new book to relearn how to use it.

Understanding my situation....  are there any instructions on how to recompile SFML?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 05:56:46 pm »
Understanding my situation.... are there any instructions on how to recompile SFML?

Sure, in the VC++ tutorial. But it's nothing more than opening SFML.sln and clicking on the "compile" button.

j70141

• View Profile
Advanced Users Only
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 06:01:45 pm »
Understanding my situation.... are there any instructions on how to recompile SFML?

Sure, in the VC++ tutorial. But it's nothing more than opening SFML.sln and clicking on the "compile" button.

But it has a sign on the door that says "Advanced Users Only"

Am I allowed in there?

(just kidding)  Thank you for the help.

j70141

• View Profile
Still Same Issue
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 06:34:14 pm »

I must be missing something.  I loaded the SFML.sln and clicked on Rebuild.  I looked for the files and found them in the same location as the original files and confirmed the 'modified' date showed that they were new and compiled, except 'sfml-system.dll' and a couple of others.

I put the .dll files in the same folder as the executable.

1st issue is that the sfml-system.dll file still shows an older date on it and I still get the same error.
2nd issue is that when I used the sfml-system-d.dll file (which actually shows the newer modified date on it) I still get the same error too.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 01:54:20 am »
The configuration selected by default should be "Debug static", which means it won't rebuild the DLLs. Rebuild "Debug DLL" and "Release DLL" configurations if you want to use the DLL versions.

j70141

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 02:43:34 am »
The configuration selected by default should be "Debug static", which means it won't rebuild the DLLs. Rebuild "Debug DLL" and "Release DLL" configurations if you want to use the DLL versions.

Still no go.  

I did just notice however that all of the -d files are recompiling and all the regular ones are not.  Is it possible I am working with the wrong file?

ie, I have sfml-system-d, but not sfml-system, and I have sfml-audio-d, but not sfml-audio recompiled.

Any ideas?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 03:53:17 am »
-d are the files built by the Debug configurations, the other are built by the Release configurations.

j70141

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 04:13:27 am »
-d are the files built by the Debug configurations, the other are built by the Release configurations.

Thank you.  It is now working.

For any future newbies....

In Visual Studio 2008:
Click on Project -> Project Properties -> Configuration Manager

Change "Active solution configuration' to Release or some other non-Debug setting.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 04:22:00 am »
... or use the list in the toolbar ;)

workmad3

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 11:52:09 am »
As an extra note on this (from my recent experience :))
I installed SFML yesterday. At the same time I installed VC++2008 express, and attempted to use the pre-built VC2008 SFML binaries. I got this error straight away. Is this a known issue with the pre-built binaries, or was my computer (in dire need of a reinstall anyway) just being odd? :)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 01:00:36 pm »
Which error ?

workmad3

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 02:25:37 pm »
0x0c150002, otherwise known as the error that is the subject of this thread :)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 02:53:17 pm »
Ok... so nothing's alarming, it's just the problem we all know :)