Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 'Tiled' Tile-map Loader  (Read 179284 times)

Kebrian

• View Profile
Re: 'Tiled' Tile-map Loader
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 12:18:52 pm »
I have not long time ago such problems too. What i see make sure that tmx maps are readed good. There is 3 whitespaces on begining of each data tag- make sure not to read this. And sometimes there is no '=' character on end of base64 encoded maps.

Spunkt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 08:52:35 am »
Well, I dont know what it is. I've notice that each time that I have any kind of tile information in the TMX file I get an Assertion Error and when I dont have any tile information I get a "Bad map. No tile information found" but the program is running. Not quite sure how to load the tile information then. Btw I'm using the SFML 2.0, and the tile information that don't work is all the
"<tile gid="7"/>" that is in the file.

Anyone that might have a suggestion ?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 08:58:08 am by Spunkt »

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 04:03:08 pm »
I couldn't really suggest anything without looking at your map file and/or your code. Try downloading this sample project for VS10 which uses the map loader in its most basic way. It includes a test map made in Tiled 0.9.0 and stored with gzip compression. You can narrow down your problem by seeing if it will load your map (either by renaming your map and over writing the map in the archive, or by modifying the source to load your file) and try comparing the example source with your own. HTH

Spunkt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 08:52:36 am »
Thanks! Looks like I had some problem loading the objects. The program never really accepted that some objects had GID and some did not. But looks like it works now with the help of your:
int gid = (objectElement->Attribute("gid")) ? atoi(objectElement->Attribute("gid")): 0;

EDIT*
I've been thinking, after a lot of searching in the code example you posted, I only see that you can draw the "normal" layers, but if I wanna draw the object tile (if I have one) can I like put it all in a if/else to have the code go one way if there is a "normal" layer or the other if there is a object layer.
Really been stuck on this today.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:01:28 pm by Spunkt »

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 01:32:11 pm »
When parsing the object layer you can do something like this:

if(gid) m_SetTile(subrects, layer, x, y, gid);

which will add a sprite to the rendering layers based on the object gid and x/y coords if the gid is non-zero.

Mmarzex

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 04:05:23 am »
How would you use the 2.0 version with an sf::View. Is that the best way to do it for something involving a 2d platforming game with a player moving?

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 01:29:26 pm »
Just move the sf::view around your world as you normally would then use TileMap::SetDrawingBounds() to set the drawing rectangle to that of your current view

Mmarzex

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 05:12:59 pm »
This may be a stupid question but SetDrawingBounds does that limit the tilemap to only be drawn on those specific sections of the tilemap itself or with regards to how it is drawn on the screen?

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 01:21:02 pm »
Wasn't really sure if I should drag up this old topic or start a new one, but I've completely rewritten this class. I decided to post here to make sure the original author gets credit for his work which started the whole thing in the first place. I've written a post about it here which includes a download with some examples but for brevity here's the readme:

Code: [Select]
This class is designed to load TILED .tmx format maps, compatible with
TILED up to version 0.9.0

http://trederia.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/tiled-map-loader-for-sfml.html

What's Supported
----------------

Uses pugixml (included) to parse xml
Supports orthogonal maps
Supports isometric maps
Supports conversion between orthogonal and isometric world coords
Parses all types of layers (normal, object and image), layer properties
Parses all type of object, object shapes, types, properties
Option to draw debug output of objects, grid and object names
Supports multiple tile sets, including tsx files
Supports all layer encoding and compression: base64, csv, zlib, gzip and xml (requires zlib library, see /lib directory)

What's not supported / limitations
----------------------------------

Parsing of individual tile properties
Flipping / rotation of sprites
Staggered isometric maps
Tile set images must be in the same directory as tmx/tsx files
To display object names when drawing object debug shapes then you must provide a font
and update MapObject.h

Usage
-----

To quickly get up and running create an instance of the MapLoader class

tmx::MapLoader ml("path/to/maps");

load a map file

ml.Load("map.tmx");

and draw it in your main loop

ml.Draw(renderTarget);

Note that the constructor takes a path to the directory containing the map files as a parameter (with
or without the trailing '/') so that you only need pass the map name to MapLoader::Load(). Currently
all map files (tmx, tsx, images etc) must be in the diretory passed to the constructor.

New maps can be loaded simply by calling the load function again, existing maps will be automatically
unloaded. MapLoader::Load() also returns true on success and false on failure, to aid running the function
in its own thread for example. Conversion functions are provided for converting coordinate spaces between
orthogonal and isometric. For instance MapLoader::OthogonalToIsometric will convert mouse coordinates from
screen space:

0--------X
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Y

to Isometric space:

/ \
    /   \
   /     \
  /       \
 Y         X

Layer information can be accessed through MapLoader::GetLayers()

bool collision;
    for(auto layer = ml.GetLayers().begin(); layer != ml.GetLayers().end(); ++layer)
    {
        if(layer->name == "Collision")
        {
            for(auto object = layer->objects.begin(); object != layer->objects.end(); ++object)
            {
                collision = object->Contains(point);
            }
        }
    }

For more detailed examples see the source for the demos.

Requirements
------------

pugixml (included)
zlib (http://zlib.net/)
SFML 2.0 (http://sfml-dev.org)

as well as being a rewrite, it contains quite a few enhancements / new features.

This may be a stupid question but SetDrawingBounds does that limit the tilemap to only be drawn on those specific sections of the tilemap itself or with regards to how it is drawn on the screen?

SetDrawingBounds is used to define which tiles are visible, to save drawing tiles which don't need to be drawn. In the new version it is called automatically by Draw using the view of the supplied renderTarget.

DJuego

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 03:24:44 pm »
I think it is the more advanced  tmx parser 'released' for SFML in this moment. Thank you for your contribution fallahn!

I propose you open your own thread in SFML projects for more and better visibility and feedbacking with a feature list and so... Your work deserves it!

A git repository will be welcomed too.  :-*

Thanks again!

DJuego
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:39:20 pm by DJuego »

NathanielSheller

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 03:32:44 am »
I am having issues using this loader.

The following code compiles, but seems to do nothing. Please help :) Thank you :D.

#include <SFML/Graphics.hpp>
#include <SFML/Window.hpp>
#include <level.h>

int main(){

sf::RenderWindow window(sf::VideoMode(640, 480), "");

sf::View view;
view.setCenter(player_x, player_y);
view.setSize(640, 480);

Level sample_map;
sample_map.LoadFromFile("c:/gfx/sample_map.tmx");
sample_map.SetDrawingBounds(view.getViewport());

while (window.isOpen()){
sf::Event event;
        while(window.pollEvent(event)){
        if (event.type == sf::Event::Closed)
                window.close();

}

window.clear(sf::Color::Green);

window.setView(view);

sample_map.Draw(window);

window.display();
}
return 0;
}

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 10:35:19 am »
If I were to hazard a guess its because you are using the full path to the map file when the loader expects a path relative to your executable. That being said it also looks like you are using the older version of the map loader - there is a much updated version here which allows you to construct the loader with a path to your map directory, so you only have to pass the map name to the Load function.

NathanielSheller

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2013, 02:05:56 pm »
Thank you very much :), but I am getting a few error messages when trying to use your loader.

32   0   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapLoader.h   In file included from C:/Users/Natha_000/Desktop/Blood of Tyr Prototype/inc/map_loader/MapLoader.h
29      C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp                    from src/map_loader/MapLoaderPrivate.cpp
C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   In member function 'const bool tmx::MapObject::Intersects(tmx::MapObject&)':
159   13   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] 'i' does not name a type
159   47   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] expected ';' before 'i'
159   47   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] 'i' was not declared in this scope
159   65   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] 'class std::vector<sf::Vector2<float> >' has no member named 'cend'
162   13   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] 'i' does not name a type
162   40   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] expected ';' before 'i'
162   40   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] 'i' was not declared in this scope
162   58   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] 'class std::vector<sf::Vector2<float> >' has no member named 'cend'
C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   In member function 'void tmx::MapObject::CreateDebugShape(sf::Color)':
172   13   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] 'i' does not name a type
172   40   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] expected ';' before 'i'
172   40   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] 'i' was not declared in this scope
172   58   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] 'class std::vector<sf::Vector2<float> >' has no member named 'cend'
C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   In member function 'void tmx::MapObject::m_CalcTestValues()':
264   13   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] 'i' does not name a type
264   40   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] expected ';' before 'i'
264   40   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] 'i' was not declared in this scope
264   58   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h   [Error] 'class std::vector<sf::Vector2<float> >' has no member named 'cend'
C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   In member function 'const bool tmx::MapLoader::m_ParseMapNode(const pugi::xml_node&)':
71   14   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected unqualified-id before 'or' token
73   5   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected primary-expression before 'or' token
73   8   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected primary-expression before '==' token
77   10   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected primary-expression before 'or' token
77   13   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected primary-expression before '==' token
84   38   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected primary-expression before 'or' token
84   41   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected primary-expression before '<<' token
C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   In member function 'const bool tmx::MapLoader::m_ParseLayer(const pugi::xml_node&)':
272   14   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] 'i' does not name a type
272   33   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected ';' before 'i'
272   33   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] 'i' was not declared in this scope
272   43   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] 'std::string' has no member named 'cend'
C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   In member function 'const bool tmx::MapLoader::m_ParseObjectgroup(const pugi::xml_node&)':
548   11   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] 'std::string' has no member named 'pop_back'
C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   In member function 'void tmx::MapLoader::m_SetIsometricCoords(tmx::MapLayer&)':
666   11   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] 'tile' does not name a type
666   39   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected ';' before 'tile'
666   39   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] 'tile' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   In member function 'const bool tmx::MapLoader::m_Decompress(const char*, std::vector<unsigned char>&, int, int)':
736   4   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] 'memcpy' is not a member of 'std'
736   4   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Note] suggested alternative:
46   0   c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\4.7.1\include\c++\cwchar   In file included from c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\bin\../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++/cwchar
42      c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\4.7.1\include\c++\bits\postypes.h                    from c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\bin\../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++/bits/postypes.h
42      c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\4.7.1\include\c++\bits\char_traits.h                    from c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\bin\../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++/bits/char_traits.h
42      c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\4.7.1\include\c++\string                    from c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\bin\../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++/string
32      C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h                    from C:/Users/Natha_000/Desktop/Blood of Tyr Prototype/inc/map_loader/MapObject.h
32      C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapLoader.h                    from C:/Users/Natha_000/Desktop/Blood of Tyr Prototype/inc/map_loader/MapLoader.h
29      C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp                    from src/map_loader/MapLoaderPrivate.cpp
961   17   c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\x86_64-w64-mingw32\include\wchar.h   [Note] 'memcpy'
758   2   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] 'memcpy' is not a member of 'std'
758   2   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Note] suggested alternative:
46   0   c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\4.7.1\include\c++\cwchar   In file included from c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\bin\../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++/cwchar
42      c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\4.7.1\include\c++\bits\postypes.h                    from c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\bin\../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++/bits/postypes.h
42      c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\4.7.1\include\c++\bits\char_traits.h                    from c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\bin\../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++/bits/char_traits.h
42      c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\lib\gcc\x86_64-w64-mingw32\4.7.1\include\c++\string                    from c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\bin\../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.7.1/include/c++/string
32      C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapObject.h                    from C:/Users/Natha_000/Desktop/Blood of Tyr Prototype/inc/map_loader/MapObject.h
32      C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\inc\map_loader\MapLoader.h                    from C:/Users/Natha_000/Desktop/Blood of Tyr Prototype/inc/map_loader/MapLoader.h
961   17   c:\program files (x86)\dev-cpp\mingw64\x86_64-w64-mingw32\include\wchar.h   [Note] 'memcpy'
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:30:27 pm by NathanielSheller »

fallahn

• Buns.
    • View Profile
    • Trederia
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 03:38:04 pm »
Ah I forgot to mention it uses C++11 features, particularly the auto keyword. In g++ you need to add

-std=c++0x

or

-std=c++11

to the compiler options (I think - I haven't actually tried compiling with anything other than VS10  :-[)

NathanielSheller

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 08:15:50 pm »
Ahhhh ty :)))

Edit: Still not compiling correctly :/

C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   In member function 'const bool tmx::MapLoader::m_ParseMapNode(const pugi::xml_node&)':
71   14   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected unqualified-id before 'or' token
73   5   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected primary-expression before 'or' token
73   8   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected primary-expression before '==' token
77   10   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected primary-expression before 'or' token
77   13   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected primary-expression before '==' token
84   38   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected primary-expression before 'or' token
84   41   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] expected primary-expression before '<<' token
C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   In member function 'const bool tmx::MapLoader::m_Decompress(const char*, std::vector<unsigned char>&, int, int)':
736   4   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] 'memcpy' is not a member of 'std'
736   4   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Note] suggested alternative:
758   2   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Error] 'memcpy' is not a member of 'std'
758   2   C:\Users\Natha_000\Desktop\Blood of Tyr Prototype\src\map_loader\MapLoaderPrivate.cpp   [Note] suggested alternative:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:13:46 pm by NathanielSheller »

anything