Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: how to install sfml in code blocks (newest version)  (Read 15856 times)

dsdevil

• View Profile
how to install sfml in code blocks (newest version)
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:12:43 am »
the title says it all
someone help please

Elffus

• View Profile

dsdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 01:40:47 am »
i dont get this part: Important: this release of SFML was compiled with gcc 4.4, which makes the SFML libraries not compatible with the old gcc 3.4.5. The MinGW team hasn't released a full package including gcc 4.4 yet, so here is one that you can use: mingw-with-gcc-4.4.zip (34.9 MB).

First, you must download the SFML development files. You can download the minimal package (libraries + headers), but it is recommended that you download the full SDK, which contains samples and documentation as well.
These packages can be found on the download page.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 08:18:28 am »
Can you explain exactly what you don't understand?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

dsdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 02:10:24 pm »
why do i have to download mingw-with-gcc-4.4.zip?
i dont get what do i need that for. and i cant find an include map in my codeBlocks instalation

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 02:20:27 pm »
why do i have to download mingw-with-gcc-4.4.zip?

This is exactly what I explain in your quote from the tutorial. The version of gcc shipped with Code::Blocks is probably not compatible with the one SFML was compiled with, so you have to download and install the latter.
But of course you can try first, maybe the newest Code::Blocks comes with the good version of gcc.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Reikyrr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 11:46:58 pm »
So, does that mean we have to wait before minigw comes out with a gcc 4.4 beta? Or does anyone have a download link for me.. Or do I need to downgrade SFML...

Xorlium

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 12:05:59 am »
Hmm, what? No. What I did in my windows machine (why are you using windows anyway? :D) was install MinGW (regular) and then replace it (i.e. overwrite every library, include file, etc.) with the one you can download from here: http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/mingw-with-gcc-4.4.zip

Reikyrr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 12:58:22 am »
Ok nice thanks, (windows for lots of games, even in windows compatibility is limited (Also, because I pay for something means I will use it. (I have a OEM pc)))

Edit, now it gives me way less errors, but still alot, all about unidentified references in the libaries. (before there where more then 80, now 50)

dsdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 10:54:39 pm »
please explain what do i have to download and where to put it
so now i got that mingw and overwrite it with the one you say, but i cant find any kind of icon to click in to start the min gw in my installation folder. there is no exe! and, what thoes this have to do with code blocks

Mindiell

• ICQ Messenger - 41484135
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 09:14:41 am »
Code::Blocks is using files inside your MinGW directory. You don't have to run it yourself. There is ome exein the "bin" directory.

Right now, what you have to do is open Code::Blocks and choose, in the menu, "Settings / Compiler and Debugger".
Click on the "Reset Default" button and after some click to say "yes" to Code::Blocks, it must have detected your compiler (GNU GCC Compiler).
Mindiell
----

dsdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 09:08:32 pm »
i get it now! but there is a problem... it detecs my dev c++ compliler!!! not mingw! but i got the libary in my dev compailer too, so i guess it is ok...

dsdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 12:28:14 am »
here is the build log:

Compiling: D:\probe\c++\proba za sfml.c
In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/System.hpp:32,
                 from D:\probe\c++\proba za sfml.c:1:
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/Config.hpp:122:19: climits: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/System.hpp:32,
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/Config.hpp:124: error: syntax error before "sf"
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/Config.hpp:125: error: syntax error before '{' token
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/Config.hpp:131:10: #error No 8 bits integer type for this platform
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/Config.hpp:145:10: #error No 16 bits integer type for this platform
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/Config.hpp:159:10: #error No 32 bits integer type for this platform
In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/System.hpp:33,
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/System/Clock.hpp:35: error: syntax error before '{' token
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/System/Clock.hpp: In function `GetElapsedTime':
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/System/Clock.hpp:63: error: syntax error before "private"
In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/stdarg.h:6,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windows.h:47,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/System/Win32/Mutex.hpp:32,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/System/Mutex.hpp:36,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/System.hpp:35,
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include/stdarg.h:106: error: storage class specified for parameter `__gnuc_va_list'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include/stdarg.h:106: error: syntax error before "va_list"
In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windows.h:48,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/System/Win32/Mutex.hpp:32,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/System/Mutex.hpp:36,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/SFML/System.hpp:35,
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:222: error: storage class specified for parameter `DWORD'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:223: error: storage class specified for parameter `WINBOOL'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:223: error: storage class specified for parameter `PWINBOOL'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:223: error: storage class specified for parameter `LPWINBOOL'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:227: error: storage class specified for parameter `WINBOOL'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:227: error: redefinition of parameter 'WINBOOL'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:223: error: previous definition of 'WINBOOL' was here
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:227: error: syntax error before "BOOL"
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:231: error: storage class specified for parameter `BYTE'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:233: error: storage class specified for parameter `BOOL'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:233: error: syntax error before '*' token
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:234: error: storage class specified for parameter `WORD'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:235: error: storage class specified for parameter `FLOAT'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:236: error: storage class specified for parameter `FLOAT'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:236: error: conflicting types for 'FLOAT'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:235: error: previous definition of 'FLOAT' was here
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:236: error: syntax error before '*' token
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:237: error: storage class specified for parameter `BYTE'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:237: error: conflicting types for 'BYTE'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:231: error: previous definition of 'BYTE' was here
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:237: error: syntax error before '*' token
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:238: error: storage class specified for parameter `PINT'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:238: error: storage class specified for parameter `LPINT'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:239: error: storage class specified for parameter `WORD'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:239: error: conflicting types for 'WORD'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:234: error: previous definition of 'WORD' was here
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:239: error: syntax error before '*' token
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:240: error: storage class specified for parameter `LPLONG'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:241: error: storage class specified for parameter `DWORD'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:241: error: conflicting types for 'DWORD'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:222: error: previous definition of 'DWORD' was here
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:241: error: syntax error before '*' token
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:242: error: storage class specified for parameter `PCVOID'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:242: error: storage class specified for parameter `LPCVOID'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:243: error: storage class specified for parameter `INT'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:244: error: storage class specified for parameter `UINT'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:244: error: storage class specified for parameter `PUINT'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:244: error: storage class specified for parameter `LPUINT'
In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/stddef.h:6,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/string.h:24,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/winnt.h:37,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windef.h:246,
                 from C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/windows.h:48,
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include/stddef.h:213: error: storage class specified for parameter `size_t'
C:/Dev-Cpp/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include/stddef.h:325: error: storage class specified for parameter `wchar_t'

can someone explain me what am i doing wrong