Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: (Render)window won't open  (Read 5187 times)

Xyro

• View Profile
(Render)window won't open
« on: November 13, 2010, 09:22:43 pm »
Recently started c++ again so I downloaded the newest 2.0 and compiled it using the tutorial on the tutorial page.

Pasted all the libraries inside the new project where the executable is and specified where the compiled libraries where in vs2010 and the include folder.

It successfully compiled the time sample, then I moved on to the window sample which it did compile but it doesn't do anything it doesn't open a new window or anything just the normal console.

I though well lets try it with the render window, same story so :

No window
Just a console window

No errors only this output :

Code: [Select]

'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\Quincy\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sfml\Debug\sfml.exe', Symbols loaded.
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\Quincy\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sfml\Debug\sfml-window-d-2.dll', Symbols loaded.
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\Quincy\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sfml\Debug\sfml-system-d-2.dll', Symbols loaded.
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\opengl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\glu32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ddraw.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dciman32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\Quincy\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sfml\Debug\sfml-graphics-d-2.dll', Symbols loaded.
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\apphelp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\userenv.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\profapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winspool.drv', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mpr.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\tiptsf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiglpxx.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atioglxx.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atigktxx.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\aticfx32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiadlxy.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The program '[6764] sfml.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

And this is my code :

Code: [Select]

#include <SFML/System.hpp>
#include <SFML/Graphics.hpp>
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
    // Create the main rendering window
    sf::RenderWindow App(sf::VideoMode(800, 600, 32), "SFML Graphics");

// Start game loop
    while (App.IsOpened())
    {
        // Process events
        sf::Event Event;
        while (App.GetEvent(Event))
        {
            // Close window : exit
            if (Event.Type == sf::Event::Closed)
                App.Close();
        }

// Clear the screen (fill it with black color)
        App.Clear();

// Display window contents on screen
        App.Display();
    }

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

also tried the sample code same results.

I'm using vs2010 with sfml 2.0 and windows 7 64bit

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 11:05:26 pm »
Have you tried to download the 1.6 SDK, and execute the precompiled samples?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

WaveHack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 09:20:16 pm »
Bump.

I have pretty much the same problem as the OP (only a console screen, no render window at all), but only if I compile my application using the SFML DLLs externally (dynamic build). If I compile it statically I have no problems whatsoever. This is for SFML 2.0 (SVN dump, compiled with MSVC++2010Express).

This is both 32-bit on a 64-bit Windows 7 OS. Building and running 64-bits SFML + application gives the exact same problems (no render window on dynamic, no problems on static). However, I'm building 3 applications at the same time (client, server, map editor), and would to use DLLs for this. Any ideas how to fix this? :)

Teknol

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: (Render)window won't open
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 12:49:03 pm »
I also have the same problem. I'm using codeblocks with FCC minGW version of sfml.

It compiles correctly with no error but no view window pop up, only the console (like in normal cpp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
Re: (Render)window won't open
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 01:30:32 pm »
I think after 6 years you're very unlikely to face the exact same issue, as such creating your own thread instead of reviving a 6 years old thread is easily justified. ;)
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/