Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Radiant Laser Cross  (Read 3831 times)

Klaim

• View Profile
Radiant Laser Cross
« on: November 24, 2010, 10:42:51 am »
Hi, I'm making (when I'm tired about other projects) a kind of experimental shmup using SFML (1.6).

It's all open source, started as a 1 work-day week so it's currently badly coded but at least the player's ship gameplay works.

http://code.google.com/p/radiant-laser-cross/

There's a video of the current state in the link.

adan

• View Profile
Radiant Laser Cross
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 02:08:19 pm »
Hey Klaim!

Are you considering adding enemies before the end of 2010? ;)

I know you're really busy with too much projects, but I'm curious about testing this shmup with enemies.
As soon as I have internet at home (blame latest tenant who didn't end their contract with the phone line!!!!) I'll update sources to try the game and see how difficult it is to add enemies according to your existing sources. If I have time, maybe I'll do it :)

Klaim

• View Profile
Radiant Laser Cross
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 07:14:03 pm »
For the moment I work on this only when I'm fed up with my other projects so I'm not sure I'll have the collision system finished by the end of the year, but it's possible.

Once the collision system ready, adding an enemy system without scripting will be easy. But I'd like to add scripting (take a look at the TODO list ).

By the way, I started a shmup collision detection discussion on TIGSource that might be interesting for people around here : http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=15732.0

McKanzie

• View Profile
Radiant Laser Cross
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 10:07:09 pm »
Interesting game, keep it up.

anything