Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Can´t run sfml games on a certain machine  (Read 3454 times)

shiroaisu

• View Profile
Can´t run sfml games on a certain machine
« on: November 26, 2010, 01:24:43 am »
hi
so when I open a sfml app it launches only the cmd prompt and doesn't do anything besides that, doesn't seem to load anything.

the machine in question
windows 7 64bits, recently installed
CPU amd atlhon 64 x2
Graphic card ATI radeon HD 3600

video drivers up to date

Zamadatix

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 01:50:37 am »
Its a bug between sfml and new ati drivers, use the static libs instead of the dynamic. I just had the same problem as you.

shiroaisu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 11:30:36 am »
unfortunately that isn't the problem   :evil:

the dll's i have in the app folder are:
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
libsndfile-1.dll
libstdc++-6.dll
openal32.dll

I have a laptop windows 7 64bits with a ATI grapchic card very similar and I don't have the problem and the video driver is updated.
I think is something about this machine I have no clue what might be though.

edit:

Oh sory, i was thinking about something else when u said static libs ^^'. But how can i compile my program with static libraries?? that is something i never covered, can u pls just give me an hint?

Zamadatix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 04:27:38 pm »
For me using codeblocks w/ mingw I had to buld sfml's static libs then in linker options change "lsfml-graphics" to "lsfml-graphics-s" and so on down the list. I also remove SFML_DYNAMIC from my #defines and put in SFML_STATIC but im not sure if that was necessary.

shiroaisu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 07:04:47 pm »
hmm, i tryed to compile my program with the following linker options:

-lsfml-system-s
-lsfml-window-s
-lsfml-graphics-s

and i have the linker search directories to the lib folder in the SFML folder, but when i try to create a sf::RenderWindow i get the following errors:

||warning: auto-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import specified on the command line.|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `sf::Window::SetActive(bool) const'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `glReadPixels@28'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `sf::Window::~Window()'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `sf::Window::~Window()'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `sf::Window::Window()'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `sf::Window::Window()'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `sf::Window::Create(void*, sf::WindowSettings const&)'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `sf::Window::Create(void*, sf::WindowSettings const&)'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `sf::Window::Create(sf::VideoMode, std::string const&, unsigned long, sf::WindowSettings const&)'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `sf::Window::Create(sf::VideoMode, std::string const&, unsigned long, sf::WindowSettings const&)'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `sf::Window::SetActive(bool) const'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `sf::Window::GetHeight() const'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp|| undefined reference to `sf::Window::GetWidth() const'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.o):RenderWindow.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTVN2sf12RenderWindowE[vtable for sf::RenderWindow]+0x8)||undefined reference to `sf::Window::OnEvent(sf::Event const&)'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glDisable@4'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glDisable@4'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glViewport@16'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glLoadMatrixf@4'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPushAttrib@4'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPushMatrix@0'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPushMatrix@0'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPopMatrix@0'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPopMatrix@0'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glPopAttrib@0'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glClearColor@16'|
D:\SFML-1.6\lib\libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderTarget.o):RenderTarget.cpp|| undefined reference to `glClear@4'|
||More errors follow but not being shown.|
||Edit the max errors limit in compiler options...|
||=== Build finished: 50 errors, 1 warnings ===|

What am i doing wrong here??

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 07:39:18 pm »
Try in this order: