Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Freeze on startup, now only on some computers  (Read 1195 times)

DeadLeaves

• View Profile
Freeze on startup, now only on some computers
« on: December 06, 2010, 10:36:19 pm »
I know I recently made a thread about the same issue, and soon after posted that I found the solution, however that didn't prove to be true, I could've edited the last topic but as I wrote that I found the problem I though no one would read it again.

When I tried to start my SFML applications it only displayed a cmd window and then nothing more happened, I fixed that on MY development computer by changing to static libraries, however when I tried the application on my laptop and on a friends computer I don't get the same result. On some of my friends computers it works just as it should, however on some other friends they get the same bug that I got before. Just freeze on the cmd window.

I tried sending the people who had problems with the static versions a rebuilt version of the exe but with dynamic libraries(ofcourse i also passed them the needed dlls) However to no avail, they still cannot run my application.

So I'm wondering does anyone else know why this is happening?

I also get this warning when using static library, however it still compiles as it should:
Code: [Select]
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

anything