Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Offscreen rendering?  (Read 2030 times)

Jamin Grey

• View Profile
    • Of Stranger Flames
Offscreen rendering?
« on: February 26, 2011, 07:03:42 am »
Can I do offscreen rendering in SFML 1.6? If so, how?

I notice there is a sf::RenderTarget that sf::RenderWindow uses - does it work, if I inherit it and make my own render target? Is there third party SFML additions that supply offscreen rendering?

I'm aware of sf::RenderImage in SFML 2, but I'm using 1.6 for now, until I'm 100% certain about Mac OSX stability by an official SFML 2 release for it.

Thanks in advance!
Of Stranger Flames - My work-in-progress para-historical (and classically-inspired) 2D rpg.

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Offscreen rendering?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 09:30:37 am »
From what I remember you can't do this with SFML 1.x only. You have to use OpenGL.

Quote from: "Servant of the Lord"
I'm aware of sf::RenderImage in SFML 2, but I'm using 1.6 for now, until I'm 100% certain about Mac OSX stability by an official SFML 2 release for it.
You could use it and send me a bunch of bug report so I can improve it.  :) (Currently there is no major bug known; and there are two thing unimplemented yet : Joystick and external handling.)
SFML / OS X developer

Jamin Grey

• View Profile
    • Of Stranger Flames
Offscreen rendering?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 11:22:13 pm »
Thanks. Guess I'll migrate to SFML 2 then.

I'd love to help with developing the Mac OSX version, but uh, I don't have Mac OSX. :o I'm just very optimistic that my project will be enough of a commerical success that I'll have to port it later. :wink:
Of Stranger Flames - My work-in-progress para-historical (and classically-inspired) 2D rpg.