Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Paradox - Zombie TDS RPG Simulator! Updated Again! July 18  (Read 29140 times)

cooldog99

• View Profile
    • Perilous Game Studios
Paradox - Zombie TDS RPG Simulator! Updated Again! July 18
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 02:42:01 am »
Quote from: "Groogy"
GAH HOW DO I BUILD THIS DAMN AK47, feels like I've tried every possibility... The idea with having resources drop recipes would be nice. Or any other way to get a hold of them or something that hints on how they are built.

Also in the workbench, don't cap to nine slots, it's too minecrafty, if you need more space for it then don't hesitate to expand it for a recipe.

Yeah, we'll add a way to find recipes ^_^

3x3 was just a nice starting point, we'll expand, no worries ^_^

AK-47
0 = blank
1 = metal
2 = wood
3 = smg

i'll do rows 1-2  and leave last one for you :)
1-1-3
0-1-2
?-?-?

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 02:56:22 am »
Quote from: "cooldog99"
GAH HOW DO I BUILD THIS DAMN AK47, feels like I've tried every possibility... The idea with having resources drop recipes would be nice. Or any other way to get a hold of them or something that hints on how they are built.

Also in the workbench, don't cap to nine slots, it's too minecrafty, if you need more space for it then don't hesitate to expand it for a recipe.

AK-47
0 = blank
1 = metal
2 = wood
3 = smg

1-1-3
0-1-2
?-?-?

Knew it! Knew I was gonna do it with the weapon, though I tried with a pistol.. so hmm let's see.. how would you make a SMG.. I guess you use the pistol for that. ( Let me try figure this one out myself or else it won't be any sport :P )

Also a great idea for the environment, put it in an urban environment and have doors and let the user walk around in different shops to get resources and scavenge there. So instead of zombies taking down walls they can break the doors that the player closes after him, and instead of letting the user build walls he builds barricades like nailing down the door or putting sandbags in the way. Also as a nice effect for when you get Multiplayer, if a player dies, turn his body into a zombie :D
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

cooldog99

• View Profile
    • Perilous Game Studios
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 03:01:31 am »
Quote from: "cooldog99"

AK-47
0 = blank
1 = metal
2 = wood
3 = smg

1-1-3
0-1-2
?-?-?

Knew it! Knew I was gonna do it with the weapon, though I tried with a pistol.. so hmm let's see.. how would you make a SMG.. I guess you use the pistol for that.

Also a great idea for the environment, put it in an urban environment and have doors and let the user walk around in different shops to get resources and scavenge there. So instead of zombies taking down walls they can break the doors that the player closes after him, and instead of letting the user build walls he builds barricades like nailing down the door or putting sandbags in the way. Also as a nice effect for when you get Multiplayer, if a player dies, turn his body into a zombie :D

:Hint: Smg is very similar to AK47 recipe, but no wood, and not as much metal, and yes with pistol :p

Urban environment is what we're going for, we'll add ruins, broken down buildings, even NPC's that sell you stuff, you'll be able to team up with survivors or kill them all >:)

I LOVE The multiplayer dying suggestion!

Thanks ALOT for the input!

Groogy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 03:03:03 am »
FUCK YEH I GOT AN AK47! THIS RULEZ! DIE ZOMBIE DIE!

Update: I got an Shotgun by mistake.. SWEET!

cooldog99

• View Profile
    • Perilous Game Studios
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 03:04:40 am »
FUCK YEH I GOT AN AK47! THIS RULEZ! DIE ZOMBIE DIE!

Update: I got an Shotgun by mistake.. SWEET!

edit: niiice

LOL! Glad you like it :)

Any gun suggestions? We're going to add a lot more soon.

Groogy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 03:08:33 am »
Well the image doesn't change on the character, though I think you already know that. Dual wielding would be cool. Though crafting modifiers to the gun would be awesome. Maybe lasersight, clip-extensions, stabiliser(increase accuracy). Add durability to the weapon so that it degrades over time first doing less damage and being less accurate and at last become completely useless.

Maybe some explosive weapons too?

BOOM BABY! Two zombies one shot *kisses shotgun*

cooldog99

• View Profile
    • Perilous Game Studios
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 03:10:52 am »
Well the image doesn't change on the character, though I think you already know that. Dual wielding would be cool. Though crafting modifiers to the gun would be awesome. Maybe lasersight, clip-extensions, stabiliser(increase accuracy). Add durability to the weapon so that it degrades over time first doing less damage and being less accurate and at last become completely useless.

Maybe some explosive weapons too?

Image for character changing: Planned.
Duel Wielding, Very cool: Considered
Gun Mods: Planned, and Structure of code is already there.
Durability, interesting... would feel more real eh?
Explosive weapons, Oh most definitely!

We're loving the input from you wonder SFML Forum guys!

Groogy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 03:18:17 am »
Well the durability is kind of two way depending on how you look at it. If you take a game like Diablo 2 where we have durability on the weapon. It adds nothing to the gameplay and is only an irritation moment where you have to go back and repair your weapon. Though in your game which is about survival it would add a level of difficulty to the game as the player will be in deep shit if he doesn't take care of his weapons.

A feature like that can both make and break gameplay. It all boils down to: "Does it fit in our game? Will it add something to the game? If yes then what?"

cooldog99

• View Profile
    • Perilous Game Studios
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 03:21:30 am »
Well the durability is kind of two way depending on how you look at it. If you take a game like Diablo 2 where we have durability on the weapon. It adds nothing to the gameplay and is only an irritation moment where you have to go back and repair your weapon. Though in your game which is about survival it would add a level of difficulty to the game as the player will be in deep shit if he doesn't take care of his weapons.

A feature like that can both make and break gameplay. It all boils down to: "Does it fit in our game? Will it add something to the game? If yes then what?"

Very good point, I actually think it may fit into the game, we'll have to sit down and think about it :)

Also Do you find the zombie count appropriate?
Click "O" and find "ZombieCount" variable to see how many zombies are currently on the map.

Groogy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 03:27:16 am »
Well yeh but with a little modification. I had 25 when I looked. But I think that it should be those 25, in a group together. You know the classical zombie is that they come in hordes. You know the zombies don't have to be spawned. You can randomly choose "Aight let's horde him now" and send a massive way chasing him. So you spawn them at a moment and as they spawn they immediately come after him from just right outside the screen.

Another possibility is that the zombies can be drawn together, so that they slowly lurk to together and over time amass a large horde.

cooldog99

• View Profile
    • Perilous Game Studios
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 03:30:13 am »
Well yeh but with a little modification. I had 25 when I looked. But I think that it should be those 25, in a group together. You know the classical zombie is that they come in hordes. You know the zombies don't have to be spawned. You can randomly choose "Aight let's horde him now" and send a massive way chasing him. So you spawn them at a moment and as they spawn they immediately come after him from just right outside the screen.

Another possibility is that the zombies can be drawn together, so that they slowly lurk to together and over time amass a large horde.

Interesting, we may just implement that..

straggler zombies and Mass hordes, sounds pretty awesome :D
Thanks for the suggestions.

Groogy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011, 03:38:46 am »
Aight it's getting late here but I stopped at 3170 points. Do you upload the points to the website to keep track of highscore or something?

cooldog99

• View Profile
    • Perilous Game Studios
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011, 03:40:11 am »
Aight it's getting late here but I stopped at 3170 points. Do you upload the points to the website to keep track of highscore or something?

Not yet, but we will.

Wow you played ALOT, Thanks!!

cooldog99

• View Profile
    • Perilous Game Studios
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011, 07:03:45 am »
Hey guys it's been updated with a bunch of your suggestions, thanks!
we BELIEVE crafting bug has been fixed, however you must use NEW saves, and old ones will not work...

New Updates from 0.0.50 to 0.0.51:
-Gathering stopped when shooting/punching
-Added Scrap Rubber!
-Added more recipes. (Changed recipes to require rubber)
-Added more gui to crafting! (And crafting button!)
-Added rifle (allows rifle/winchester!)
-Added night/day gui (orb)
-Fixed crafting bugs
-Fixed collision bugs
-Offline mode

Download is on first post on this thread and on site :)

cristi121

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2011, 07:31:11 am »
Wow, that was really fast.
But crafting still isn't working for me ( and yes, I did press the craft button ). I tried to craft ammo and it works, but doesn't work for pistol.

anything