Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Minor issue with SFML  (Read 1132 times)

Marty

• View Profile
Minor issue with SFML
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:52:47 am »
Hello everyone,

I have a minor issue SFML.
I've installed SFML using the Visual Studio 2008 SDK from the tutorials section, and proceeded to trying to compile the clock example.
However, after getting passed the "cannot find sfml-system-d.dll" file which i had forgotten to copy to the folder, i recieved a second error.

This error states that the program cannot be started since libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is missing. From what i've could find, thats related to some other area (BlocK?) and shouldent be an issue with me.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Minor issue with SFML
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 07:29:49 am »
libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll has nothing to do with VC++, it's a MinGW DLL. So you probably downloaded or used something wrong ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Marty

• View Profile
Minor issue with SFML
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 12:13:02 pm »
Yeah, thats what i thought.

:P Guess i'll have to reinstall Visual Studio and SFML to get rid of it. Ugh, that program has an install that takes decades.

Will report back if a reinstall worked once its done :)

Edit: A reinstall did it. I think the issue i was having was that i'd been up working on an assignment for 35 hours with no sleep, so when i clicked the tutorial for the VC++ section and headed to the download page - i must've thought "this is only for vc++" and just taken the top link (which is the MingW ver).

Silly me :)

Thanks for the help!