Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [NEWS] Xocde 4 template support added  (Read 3632 times)

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
[NEWS] Xocde 4 template support added
« on: May 29, 2011, 05:35:45 pm »
Hi,

I'm happy to introduce to you the new xcode 4 templates!

Everything you need is in the 'xcode' folder at the root of the git repository (with a readme containing all the relevant informations).

Let met know what you think of them.

If anyone feels like an artist right now he can create more relevant icons for the command line tool and bundle application templates. :wink:
SFML / OS X developer

kurayama

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:42:44 pm »
Just tested the bundle one, and it works nice (just had to change "Build Active Architecture Only" to Yes, to build in Release).

We can't distribute these until the .framework is done, right?

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 06:06:10 pm »
You're speaking about SFML.framework (like 1.6 did have), right ? These will hopefully come one day but I don't when exactly.

Currently you can distribute your application the way you want (.app or command line tool – it doesn't matter). You just have to make sure your clients have SFML installed (dylib files).

When frameworks package will be available you'll be able to rebuild your application against them and release a new version of you app to your clients. They will need to install SFML frameworks to use your app.

just had to change "Build Active Architecture Only" to Yes, to build in Release
Ho! I forgot to do something with CMake! I should have activated the "universal" build... Will be fixed in a few days.
SFML / OS X developer

kurayama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 06:33:26 pm »
Quote from: "Hiura"
When frameworks package will be available you'll be able to rebuild your application against them and release a new version of you app to your clients. They will need to install SFML frameworks to use your app.

Or one can just set a new "Copy Frameworks" Build Phase and include it in the .app  :)
Self-contained apps are the only ones accepted in App Store, afaik

anything