Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Decent photo editor program?  (Read 2460 times)

Girby2K11

• View Profile
Decent photo editor program?
« on: June 02, 2011, 08:48:26 pm »
I was trying to make a maze game where you collect points by entering secret places, but i realised on the photo editing programs there is a bounding box, so when i load the image and run the game the bounding box kills it. I coukd make a maze by loading atleast 50 images/sprites, which is long. What do you use? I am currently using gimp.
I'm tring to learn SFML Help? Collision?

chrusty

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 07:55:57 pm »
Nice editor for game prototyping is Adobe Fireworks, which also natively uses PNG format; you can get a 30 day trial. But GIMP isn't bad either, you can't beat its price!  :D

Girby2K11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 09:12:27 pm »
So with adobe fireworks i can model my own maze without the border that is a rectangle?

chrusty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 04:17:41 pm »
Not 100% sure what you specifically meant with bounding box. Fireworks have a feature where you can export certain tiles as slices into separate images with specific output format; also note the editor is more suited for web development, but you can do small game graphics as well. Its also lot easier to prototype game scene with many small tiles and throw in some advanced features with effects, lightning, blending, ... etc.

Girby2K11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 05:09:11 pm »
Quote from: "chrusty"
Not 100% sure what you specifically meant with bounding box. Fireworks have a feature where you can export certain tiles as slices into separate images with specific output format; also note the editor is more suited for web development, but you can do small game graphics as well. Its also lot easier to prototype game scene with many small tiles and throw in some advanced features with effects, lightning, blending, ... etc.

Im talking about on gimp when you create e.g. A maze, there is a border around it, therefore when writing collision on the picture the whole picture is one object.

I wan't something were i can make the border around the maze.

Lupinius

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 02:34:55 pm »
An image is always a square. To do collission detection you could check the color of different parts of your maze and if it's white/transparent you would have no collision.

Girby2K11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 03:13:56 pm »
Quote from: "Lupinius"
An image is always a square. To do collission detection you could check the color of different parts of your maze and if it's white/transparent you would have no collision.

Ah, thanks. Could i do this by using sf::Color?