Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Save SFML Wikipedia page  (Read 2151 times)

henrikno

• View Profile
Save SFML Wikipedia page
« on: June 08, 2011, 01:14:19 am »
The wikipedia entry for SFML has been marked considered for deletion, because it doesn't have any references and is not considered "notable".
Does anyone know about any good references, books, projects that uses it etc. that could convince them otherwise?

David

• View Profile
Save SFML Wikipedia page
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:53:13 am »
Wikipedia's just being ridiculous. I don't understand how the information wasn't considered "legiminate" even though it pretty much says it on the website.

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
Save SFML Wikipedia page
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 02:28:26 am »
Well I've checked it and it's because it exists ONLY on the official website. No one has provided external references to SFML and thus it has been marked for removal.... The thing is that it has been marked for removal for a VERY long time.
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Save SFML Wikipedia page
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 07:54:18 am »
Yes, don't worry about that. It's like this since several months, maybe years. And indeed the only place where people talk about SFML is the official website, because I put many efforts in providing all the resources that users need here.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

grandmasterhack

• View Profile
Save SFML Wikipedia page
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 06:31:52 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"
Yes, don't worry about that. It's like this since several months, maybe years. And indeed the only place where people talk about SFML is the official website, because I put many efforts in providing all the resources that users need here.

youtube is having a dev war about SFML VS SDL. i mean, sdl developers are getting bashed so hard about it, but sfml just performs better and easy ( & makes sense code wise) to use. one thing that killed me about sdl is that all its resources are spread around, and its net portion is completely undocumented; i like how i can come to the sfml and get ALL THE HELP i need.
"In Miyamoto We Trust"