Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: sfml2 GlxContext warning  (Read 1248 times)

for_science

• View Profile
sfml2 GlxContext warning
« on: June 11, 2011, 12:18:31 pm »
When compiling sfml2 on linux I get the following "Warning:"

[...]/SFML/src/SFML/Window/Linux/GlxContext.cpp: In constructor ‘sf::priv::GlxContext::GlxContext(sf::priv::GlxContext*, const sf::ContextSettings&, unsigned int, unsigned int)’:
[...]/SFML/src/SFML/Window/Linux/GlxContext.cpp:88:18: warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘Window’ from NULL

In the GlxContex constructor, there is a "myWindow(NULL)" [line 86] while the other constructors use "myWindow(0)" [compare line 68]. Replacing the "NULL" by "0" fixes the warning for me. (Is there a need to have the myWindow object initialized to 0 at all? It is not a pointer and seems to be defined in all the other constructors.)

I am aware that this is a *very* minor issue. I just felt like reporting it, since it should also be a quick fix. :wink:

[EDIT]
BTW, I just realized that this is actually a *Help* Forum, is there a venue more appropriate to post these kinds of issues? (sorry about that)
[/EDIT]

cheers

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
sfml2 GlxContext warning
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 06:53:05 pm »
It's fixed, thanks :)

BTW, I just realized that this is actually a *Help* Forum, is there a venue more appropriate to post these kinds of issues? (sorry about that)

It's ok on this forum.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer