Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Pull request ?  (Read 1882 times)

deadalnix

• View Profile
Pull request ?
« on: June 16, 2011, 03:41:19 pm »
Hi,

I recently make a small modification on dsfml. Not a breaking feature, simply a little patch fixing compilation issues on 64bits systems. However, I have no clue how to do a pull request for that modification.

How can I do that ?

In addition, I think pull requests should be as easy as possible. Discouraging contributions because of complex process is counterproductive IMHO.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Pull request ?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 04:05:02 pm »
I recently make a small modification on dsfml. Not a breaking feature, simply a little patch fixing compilation issues on 64bits systems. However, I have no clue how to do a pull request for that modification.

How can I do that ?

Don't do that, nobody's maintaining the DSFML binding at the moment (well, in fact I don't know). If you make a pull request I'll have to reject it since I won't be able to apply it ;)
You should rather find the last maintainer of DSFML and see if he's still around.

In addition, I think pull requests should be as easy as possible. Discouraging contributions because of complex process is counterproductive IMHO.

Why do you think it is complex? Have you read the tutorial on Github, or simply tried to click the "Pull request" button on your Github repository?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

deadalnix

• View Profile
Pull request ?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 09:35:11 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"
Why do you think it is complex? Have you read the tutorial on Github, or simply tried to click the "Pull request" button on your Github repository?

Well, . . ., yes, I read this tutorial.

The point is : I have no pull request button anywhere to click on :D I probably don't have the permission, or the tutorial is outdates (or I'm really dumb).

However, back to the subject, I have no clue who's the last maintener of DSFML2 but I would be happy to help. Is it robogymnast ? Or trass3r ?

Anyway, if nobody is maintaining this piece of code, maybe I could.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Pull request ?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 10:22:57 pm »
The point is : I have no pull request button anywhere to click on

Did you first fork SFML on Github?

However, back to the subject, I have no clue who's the last maintener of DSFML2 but I would be happy to help. Is it robogymnast ? Or trass3r ?

Dunno. Maybe you should leave a message on the D forum.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything