Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Un Poco Loco  (Read 2605 times)

bluesnessman

• View Profile
Un Poco Loco
« on: August 01, 2011, 03:49:37 pm »
Hiya fellas!
My name is Onat Türkçüoğlu, I'm from Turkey. I'm both happy and proud to announce the first demonstrational release of my game Un Poco Loco.
First of all, I want to thank Laurent for this great great library. I was using HGE before this and now I regret all those moments I've spent on HGE. Great job man!
Anyway, what I've made isn't actually a game but a framework. Over this framework, you can create games using Angelscript with a syntax similar to C++, so nothing is hardcoded and the game is completely moddable.
The framework has been developed for a month and its features has become enough to create a lot of game genres, from shooters to platformers or RTS. I think, you can even make an Angry Birds clone with it :)
Un Poco Loco uses SFML for graphics and sound, Raknet for networking, Angelscript for scripting, Box2D for physics, RapidXML for XML parsing and libRocket for the GUI.
So, I've just finished the singleplayer part and the multiplayer part is on the way, which I should finish hopefully in 4-5 days.
The reason I've done the framework with scripting is, I want to make not just one, but lots of creative mods on this framework. And this has given me great advantage, as I can prototype and make mods easily and fast. Another advantage is, other people can develop mods. I plan to make the mods mostly multiplayer, because things are a lot more with more people! I've got a couple of interesting mods in my mind, in both top-down-shooter and RTS genres.

So, this package includes 2 games for demonstration of the Un Poco Loco framework : A platformer and a shooter. I've coded them too fast, so some features may be missing, I've received a lot of feedback like why didn't you add that, but these games are solely for demonstration purposes of the framework, they're not the games I've really worked on.

Here's the link : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14134501/Un%20Poco%20Loco%201.01.zip
Here is the dev blog : http://www.hellsdeep.com
Hope you enjoy it! Please let me know what you think about the framework and the games, I'm open to every suggestion/comments.
And if you want to participate in the multiplayer beta of the game shoot me an email with a title "Beta Testing" to onattoglu et gmail
Thank you and hope to see you in beta!
Onat