Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Compiz Fusion and SFML, could this be a SFML bug?  (Read 2448 times)

Ankou

• View Profile
Compiz Fusion and SFML, could this be a SFML bug?
« on: August 05, 2008, 07:43:27 pm »
Hi,
I have a big problem with my program, which started when I replaced the drawing code from wxWidgets with SFML Drawing Code(because of the performance).
Sometimes(about 1 third of all trys) during the execution of the program comiz fusion gets incredebly slow(first I thought X is frozen), it always happens during a compiz fusion effect. It only happens when my program is running, but even if it does nothing compiz sometimes crash during an effect. With metacity --replace everything works fine again, so I think it only occures with Compiz.
Because there should be no way how my Code could crash compiz fusion
I think it could be something with OpenGL(I'm not using OpenGL Code, but Compiz Fusion is and I think SFML is too(?))
I'm using SFML 1.3, wxWidgets, Boost and Ubuntu 8.04.

I hope you can help me :(

Wizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:23:17 pm »
This may not be the problem, but I was not aware that SFML fully worked with Compiz. See this thread.

Ankou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 04:07:19 pm »
There's a difference between a graphical problem with SFML and Compiz Fusion on Ubuntu and a kind of crash of Compiz F.
For now everything seemed to be shown correctly, so it's not the problem described in the thread(however, the sound doesn't work, but this doesn't matter). Most times when I start my program, everything works fine, but sometimes Compiz "freezes".