Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [SFML] error 0xc015002 help please :S  (Read 7383 times)

Sawm

• View Profile
[SFML] error 0xc015002 help please :S
« on: August 26, 2011, 06:11:46 am »
hello, i have been trying to set up sfml on visual studio 2010, ( sfml 1.6) and i have tried ALOT of thing but nothing works , i recompiled the project i have downloaded the filles from a site that said those where the compiles vs 2010 lib filles ect ect i have linked evrything correctly ( i really hope ) and i was able to use some functions in command prompt but as soon as i try to make a basic window it gives me  "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150002). Click OK to close the application. i have the .dll's in the main projects folder, and im not getting any compiler errors :S  

this is the code
Code: [Select]

#include <SFML/Window.hpp>

int main()
{

sf::Window App(sf::VideoMode( 800, 600, 32 ), "SFML Test Window");

bool Running = true;

while (Running){
        App.Display();
   }

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

and this is the debug output

'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\SEX\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sfml\Debug\sfml.exe', Symbols loaded.
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\snxhk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'sfml.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\SEX\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sfml\sfml\sfml-window-d.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The program '[7996] sfml.exe: Native' has exited with code -1072365566 (0xc0150002).

what should i do ? reinstal vs 2010? get another ide? i am pretty bummed out about this i have been trying recompiling and relinking over and over i hope i did not just screw it up even more.

any more info that could help? :?:

Haikarainen

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 06:21:18 am »
You cant display an window that isnt opened. Dont know is below code works since im used to renderwindows, but try it.

Try this;

int main(){

while(App.IsOpened()){

sf::Event Event;
while(App.GetEvent(Event)){
if(Event.Type == sf::Event::Closed){
App.Close();
}
}

App.Clear();
App.Display();
}

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

Sawm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 06:58:31 am »
Quote from: "Haikarainen"
You cant display an window that isnt opened. Dont know is below code works since im used to renderwindows, but try it.

Try this;

int main(){

while(App.IsOpened()){

sf::Event Event;
while(App.GetEvent(Event)){
if(Event.Type == sf::Event::Closed){
App.Close();
}
}

App.Clear();
App.Display();
}

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

App.Clear();

gave me this error
1>c:\users\sex\documents\visual studio 2010\projects\sfml\sfml\main.cpp(16): error C2039: 'Clear' : is not a member of 'sf::Window'
1>          c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\sfml\window\window.hpp(55) : see declaration of 'sf::Window'

and taking it off gives me the same 0xc015002  error :S what have i done! i broke it all! D: <_<' i might just re instal..could there be a c++ package im missing? i would be very surprised since i have downloaded alot due to video games i don't know this is so frustrating im so horribad XD could the fact that App.Clear(); was not found mean i am missing SOMETHING ?

Uzaku

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 06:17:42 pm »
Hey,
I have the same Problem.
Im writing a Game, I started using Microsoft VS 2008 Professional and SFML 1.6
Everything worked well.
Now i migrated to VS2010 Profssional. And when i tried to start my game (after recompiling ofcourse) I get the error in this Thread.
I tested it with the Libs built in VS2008 and VS2010 on 2 Different machines with the same result.
Any Idea?

greetings Uzaku

PS: To be exact, I didnt change one bit of Code from the working version to the not working one. Just the IDE.

EDIT: Solved,
I just switched from DLL to static, and now it works perfectly. Dont know, why DLL dont, but it doesnt matter as long as static works

keyforge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 03:36:50 pm »
You have to recompile SFML for Visual Studio 2010, the Visual Studio 2008 binaries won't work with it. Did you forget to build the dynamic libs? You might want to try following this video to make sure you did it correctly.
Need a place to upload your code, files or screenshots? Use SFML Uploads!

Oberon

• View Profile
    • My Github profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 07:35:16 pm »
Clear only exists in RenderWindow, not in Window.

coolhome

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 08:41:40 pm »
Quote from: "keyforge"
You have to recompile SFML for Visual Studio 2010, the Visual Studio 2008 binaries won't work with it. Did you forget to build the dynamic libs? You might want to try following this video to make sure you did it correctly.

I compiled 1.6 for anyone who wants it. You can get them at
http://coderzilla.com/libraries/SFML-1/binaries/1.6-MSVC10/

(Should be a zip somewhere with all of those files.)
CoderZilla - Everything Programming