Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Assign forum-moderators!  (Read 4560 times)

Haikarainen

Assign forum-moderators!
« on: August 31, 2011, 09:17:55 am »
Seen a lot of spammers, threads started in the wrong forums etc lately, and I thought it'd be nice to see some moderators in this forum to help keep stuff organized and clean.

An example is posts about other libraries(thor) being posted in sfml's graphics forums because its related to pixels, when it should posted in the thors project thread.

What do you guys think about this? Who should moderate the forums?

If i were in charge i probably wouldve nominated Groogy, Nexus and Coolhome. Why? They're all dedicated "members" of the SFML-community, they have proven huge skill in both SFML and their preffered programming-language of choice,  Also, they have contributed a lot and never seen a bad post or any inconvenient behaviour from any of them.[/list]

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Assign forum-moderators!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 09:40:49 am »
I'm not against involving other users on the forum, but I don't know if it's really necessary. I can read all the new messages several times per day, and I'm not overloaded with deleting spam and moving topics -- I can do more if you feel like I'm not strict enough ;)

Seen a lot of spammers

I always remove spam as fast as I can, and hopefully it will be eradicated if I upgrade the forum.

An example is posts about other libraries(thor) being posted in sfml's graphics forums because its related to pixels, when it should posted in the thors project thread.

I don't think it should be moved. There's no official forum for Thor and if all the related topics were merged into the Thor thread, it would be a huge mess.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Assign forum-moderators!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:04:33 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"
I don't think it should be moved. There's no official forum for Thor and if all the related topics were merged into the Thor thread, it would be a huge mess.
I agree. Although I don't feel very good if those (actually offtopic) threads are discussed in the official SFML forums :?
However, there is still the e-mail address to contact me, many people have already asked me questions via e-mail.

Anyway, it was maybe 1-2 times up to now in the forum. And it wouldn't have happened if the documentation and tutorials had been read ;)
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
Assign forum-moderators!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 12:15:45 pm »
You could say I lurk like a little goblin on these forums  :twisted:

I tend to notice Spam bots quite quickly and have repeatedly reported it to Laurent where I get the response: "Already seen it and fixed it"
So I more or less stopped as to not start getting annoying ^^

I love the nomination Haikarainen but as it is now it seems like Laurent is capable of taking care of it himself. I don't mind of course for a moderator position, I want to help SFML grow and evolve as much as I can. But like I said it doesn't seem to be needed and I haven't even thought about it myself.
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
Assign forum-moderators!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:06:34 pm »
While I'm sure you're able to handle it, Laurent, I have seen quite a few spambots that get missed for days on end. Could we at least have a "report post" feature to help with the ones you miss?
I use the latest build of SFML2

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
Assign forum-moderators!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 08:40:34 pm »
Quote from: "OniLink10"
Could we at least have a "report post" feature to help with the ones you miss?

Think that will have to wait until the new forum comes ;)
Actually this whole question should be postponed until the new forum comes as it might be capable of handling all of this by itself and thus removing any potential need for moderation.
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Assign forum-moderators!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 09:49:43 pm »
Absolutely ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything