Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Installing in macosx using xcode  (Read 2061 times)

ymmot

• View Profile
Installing in macosx using xcode
« on: August 26, 2008, 03:29:53 pm »
I am new to SFML. I have Mac  :D osx 10.5 and xcode 3.1.
I downloaded SFML (latest). I build the five SFML-libraries, with success. Then i tried to build the "Window"-sample. That failed. First xcode could not find definition for "glu"-commands. I solved that by add "#include SFML_GLU_HEADER" in the Window.ccp-code. Build failed again. Xcode couldn't find the library called "SFML-window-d.a". It turned out that when building the SFML-library they were named libwindow.a (and libopengl.a and so forth). By renaming the SFML-libs (from libwindiw.a to SFML-window-d.a, the build succeed and a colorfull pyramid was rotatating onscreen.
Then i tried the "OpenGL"-sample with same changes i did for the "Window"-sample. Build succeed, however the program was cancelled (not crashed) after a few milliseconds. After debugging i could see that the loading of background failed. I did lot of experimenting with linking and so forth with the jpg-files but i always failed. I digged deeper with the debugger and found that the failure happend in the function (constructor) called ImageLoader::ImageLoader(...). ImageLoader requrie the DevIL and I put the DevIL lib and header in proper places (/usr/lib and /usr/include/IL). It not work. So, i am stucked, i can't figure out what going wrong in the ImageLoader-function. The prebuilt OpenGL-sample (in /Sample/bin) works very nicely.
I need this to work in order to use this very nice lib.

ymmot from Stockholm

Ceylo

• View Profile
    • http://sfemovie.yalir.org/
    • Email
Re: Installing in macosx using xcode
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 03:36:01 pm »
Quote from: "ymmot"
I downloaded SFML (latest).

From where ? If it's not from the SVN repository, it's outdated.

And DevIL is not needed (in the up to date version).
Want to play movies in your SFML application? Check out sfeMovie!