Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Building the SFML.net solution: debug or release build?  (Read 1985 times)

GaborKovacs

• View Profile
Building the SFML.net solution: debug or release build?
« on: October 23, 2011, 10:21:20 pm »
Hi!

This is a pretty general question which has recently given me some thought. I'm developing a fairly complex project which is supposed be in the "Debug" phase for several months to come. For this reason, I built the SFML.net solution (v2.0 snapshot) using the "Debug" configuration and thus referenced the debug build of the assemblies.

When I'm finished, should I rebuild the SFML assemblies as "Release", change my project's references to these release versions, and then rebuild my own project as "Release"? Or is this too much of a hassle and I can start working with the release build of the SFML assemblies right from the start?

In other words, is there any advantage in using the debug build of the SFML.net solution while it is also still in development?

Thanks for your tips.

Best regards,

Gabor

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:31:42 am »
is there any advantage in using the debug build of the SFML.net solution while it is also still in development?

Yes of course! So that you can get useful feedback in case of a crash, or even spot bugs in SFML itself. It is even more important when you use a development version of SFML ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

GaborKovacs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 12:28:17 pm »
Thanks!

Gabor

anything