Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Maximum Render Texture Size  (Read 2198 times)

lolz123

• View Profile
Maximum Render Texture Size
« on: November 05, 2011, 06:02:08 pm »
Hello,

I have created a 2D lighting system that pre-calculates the lights and stores them in render images. However, for very large lights, the image is clipped, even though I am well below the sf::Image GetMaximumSize() (texture size) limit. Do render images (render textures in the latest version of SFML2) have a limit of their own? If so, how can I find it? Splitting it into lots of smaller textures isn't and option considering it takes like 1 second to create just one render image (see topic: http://www.sfml-dev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4832&sid=a0b8815426b72f69f077c9bde2dda9cd)

Here is a picture of the clipping:

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Have you heard about the new Cray super computer?  It’s so fast, it executes an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 07:11:27 pm »
There's no other limit than GetMaximumSize(). Could you provide a complete and minimal example that reproduces the problem?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

lolz123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:51:20 pm »
Woops, never mind, I figured it out. It was a stupid mistake. I set the view port for the texture incorrectly.

Sorry about that, I shouldn't have posted before first looking deeper into the problem.
Have you heard about the new Cray super computer?  It’s so fast, it executes an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 09:59:02 am »
No problem, I'm glad you solved it ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything