Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Illegal symbol index in relocs. tickStat has no section.  (Read 3215 times)

Haikarainen

Illegal symbol index in relocs. tickStat has no section.
« on: November 10, 2011, 08:31:27 pm »
Code: [Select]
Linking console executable: bin\Debug\noname-editor.exe
mingw32/bin/ld.exe: warning: c:\Libraries\SFML2\lib/libsfml-window-s-d.a(dcjgs00048.o): local symbol `tickStat' has no section
mingw32/bin/ld.exe: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.19.1 assertion fail ../../binutils-2.19.1/bfd/cofflink.c:2270
mingw32/bin/ld.exe: c:\Libraries\SFML2\lib/libsfml-window-s-d.a(dcjgs00048.o): illegal symbol index -855608464 in relocs

I get this when trying to build one of my projects (that have built perfectly earlier). The thing I change is I link using -lsfml-* prefixes instead of directly to the libfiles (libsfml) and these errors show up.  This is weird since I'm used to linking using the prefixes and not paths. This is actually my preffered behaviour.

I set my search directories in my IDE options and not the Project options in the IDE. I use the exact same directories and libnameprefixes in other projects wich build perfectly.

I don't have any duplicate lib files laying around (searched my drives like 3 times), the libfiles ld is trying to link are the exact same i link to when using direct filenamepaths as well. I am stumped.

Any help?

Haikarainen

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 04:44:31 am »
bump, anyone?

iforce2d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 06:13:47 pm »
Allow me to bump this as well. I changed from using dynamic libs (just downloading the source and using the CMakeLists.txt file to build without altering anything) to using static libs (set BUILD_SHARED_LIBS to false and define SFML_STATIC in my source code) and now I'm getting the error below at the linking stage:

/libsfml-window-s.a(dspfs00244.o): illegal symbol index 2823 in relocs

iforce2d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 07:32:31 pm »
Linking the libs in the right order seemed to do the trick:

http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/start-cb.php

anything