Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Dynamic library for commercial project ?  (Read 1524 times)

Fantasy

• View Profile
    • Email
Dynamic library for commercial project ?
« on: December 09, 2011, 12:25:58 pm »
Hello
Right now i have linked my project with static library, and I'm planing on selling my game. So my question is, do i need to change my project linking to dynamic and use dll files for a commercial project?

also I read the SFML License and it says that i can use the library for commercial project and all i have to do is just to acknowledgment that i used sfml in my game. well what about the other library's that's sfml is using? do i need to do anything about it?

I just want to know what do i have to do to not get sued by SFML group or by other library like OpenAL, GLEW, freetype etc...

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 12:33:20 pm »
I just want to know what do i have to do to not get sued by SFML group or by other library like OpenAL, GLEW, freetype etc...

Basically, nothing (except maybe mentionning all the libraries used and their license).

SFML ensures that its dependencies are compatible with its own license. And the SFML license is really simple, there's nothing more than what's written; so there's no dynamic link constraint.

There's nothing hidden. Using SFML is free of constraints, everything is made so that users don't have to worry about license issues.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Fantasy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 12:37:01 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"

Basically, nothing (except maybe mentionning all the libraries used and their license).

SFML ensures that its dependencies are compatible with its own license. And the SFML license is really simple, there's nothing more than what's written; so there's no dynamic link constraint.

There's nothing hidden. Using SFML is free of constraints, everything is made so that users don't have to worry about license issues.

thank you very much. that was a relief.

anything