Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Linking error?  (Read 2812 times)

lucidsloth

• View Profile
Linking error?
« on: December 10, 2011, 02:51:35 am »
Hi, guys.

I made a post a few days ago trying to get SFML to work with C::B. It didn't end well, and I eventually just gave up after following several tutorials to no avail. I decided to switch over to Visual C++ and got a little further, but I am still having a lot of trouble getting anything with SFML to work and am starting to wonder if I'm not just an idiot.

The tutorial I am following is: http://www.gamefromscratch.com/page/Game-From-Scratch-CPP-Edition-Part-1.aspx

I have set up everything as described. Alas, I am still receiving this error (or others when I play around with things):

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'sfml-system-d.lib'

sfml-system-d.lib is in the correct place from what I can tell, as are all the necessary dlls. Everything has been set up in the project settings as per the tutorial and I have triple checked this. The only difference is that I am currently only including sfml-system-d.lib with the linker. If I add anything else the error includes those as well (eg.

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'sfml-system-d.lib; sfml-main-d.lib;'

et cetera.

Any help? I'm seriously frustrated.

nitrix

• View Profile
Linking error?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 03:21:06 am »
Do you have a "SFML-1.6" folder inside your project folder? The tutorial look good as for the instructions.. so you propably just misplaced something.. Visual C++ can't find the sfml-system-d.lib file apparently :/

lucidsloth

• View Profile
Linking error?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 03:48:46 am »

anything