Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Layering?  (Read 2381 times)

coral

• View Profile
Layering?
« on: September 22, 2008, 07:25:12 pm »
Hi, in the process of making a game and it became very clear to me that i need to use a heavy amount of layers.

Is there a function for doing this (like moving the objects in 3d space) or do i need to write my own functions like Layer1() Layer2() which them contains app draw and that?

And i wondered if there was an easy way of loading VERY EASY models into SFML (in 3D) or opengl from Blender?

zarka

• View Profile
Layering?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 08:29:18 pm »
Quote from: "coral"
Hi, in the process of making a game and it became very clear to me that i need to use a heavy amount of layers.

Is there a function for doing this (like moving the objects in 3d space) or do i need to write my own functions like Layer1() Layer2() which them contains app draw and that?

ther is no built in support for that in sfml (as far as i know anyway) so yes you will have to implement it yourself :)

Quote from: "coral"

And i wondered if there was an easy way of loading VERY EASY models into SFML (in 3D) or opengl from Blender?

Again no this you will have to do yourself. sfml is strictly 2d :)

but it shouldn't be that hard to implement ...
//Zzzarka

eleinvisible

• View Profile
Layering?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:54:15 pm »
Well its pretty simple add another variable to all your objects that represents layer, then draw in order =]. As for 3D, SFML is (as stated above) strictly 2D in the built-in functions, but if you're using your own OpenGL you can find loaders for basically any 3D file on the 'net.