Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Heralds of Alaegis (dota 2d multiplayers)  (Read 5089 times)

Zinlibs

• View Profile
Heralds of Alaegis (dota 2d multiplayers)
« on: December 31, 2011, 07:27:34 pm »
Hello everybody !

Let me introduce myself; my name is Pierre-Emmanuel, I am 24 years old, and I'm a C++ programer since 4 years. Sorry if my english is not so good than yours, but this is not my natal langage. I first create a framework to easy develop games and graphical softwares, and then I wrote It again and again to reach a satisfying quality.

I'm currently working on a multiplayer game project in the style of Defense of the Ancients in 2D, style which fascinate me since I played for the first time to the game League of Legends (really great free-to-play game, by the way :wink: ). Obviously, due to the 2D's constraints on this type of game, this is not an easy job at all ! :D
I think I can handle alone the code (braving a lot of dangers :lol: ). On the other side, there is yet no characters, the graphics are catched from pictures on the web (oops ! :oops: ), there is no ambiant sounds, no musics, the scenario could stand on a sticky note, the gameplay is hesitant. In short, I really need some skilled peoples fascinated by the heroic fantasy things, who easy understand the Dota game mechanisms, to help me to create an original and great game environnement !

There is a sum of the current state of the game :

Scenario ->

The world of Alaegis such it was know, full of quiet and wonders, has vanished since a long time ago. Some darks plans, planified by powerfull and malicious peoples, have been applied to perturb a millenary peace between two races which have a common origin. On a side, the Amhrani peoples, skilled and agile wooden elves, masters of the living things and elements, and on the other side, the Sangrins, ingenious and powerfull urban elves, masters of the metal and Science. The war began here and there, and made many ravages, each side refering the blame on the other one. But in the horror of war, was born some incredibles warriors, with an heroic bravery, risking their life to defend the values they believed. Those ones were named gardian of the blessed Temple of their race, the World Tree of Tahemniel for the Amrahni, and the Omnipotent Castle of Forge-Town for the Sangrins. The loss of this symbol for one of the both side, would signify the inconditional victory of the other side, such the moral strength of each people in this world is linked to It.

Progression of the code ->

- Fights sytem operational
- Graphical interface almost operational but Its aspect is not definitive
- Lights handling and graphisms operational
- Physical handling in progress
- Animations handling in progress
- Sounds handling in progress
- Network handling in progress
- Playable characters : 1 (6 planned in total, 3 each side)
- Actual Buildings : Nexus, Tower (soon Spawn and Inhibitor)
- Actual Mobs : Minions (soon Super-Minions and neutral monsters (in underworld !))

Screenshots -> From the oldest to the most recent :

Of course, I also really need some fresh good ideas, because I'm starting from almost nothing, and every are good to take. The game's code and the framework's code are free and will be soon released, when they will be more advanced. I'll update regularly this post to report the most recent new features and show you the current state of the game.

Thank you for reading and happy new year ! =)
Zoost & Zoom libraries : An easy way to create and handle geometric objets, animate and use them for better graphics !

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 01:07:56 pm »
Sounds interesting so far!

I can't really imagine how the gameplay should look like, since I don't know the other games you mentioned. Maybe you can explain shortly how such a game might proceed?
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

Zinlibs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 04:00:01 pm »
Sure,

A dota Game is a game where two teams composed of 3 or 5 players (named Heroes) fight each other to defend their Nexus (the building which represent the team) and attack those of their opponent. They are helped by minions, who are basic soldiers controlled by the AI. Their role is to protect the heroes  against the other heroes or ennemy towers standed over the ennemy land. The minions are created wave per wave at a nexus, and go across the map in search of enemies to fight. If a player is killed for some reason, he gets a time penalty before he can play again, and respawns in his base. At any moment, he can at the market (with earned gold by waiting or killing ennemy units), buy items to improve his abilities. When the ennemy's defenses are down, the inhibitor building can be destructed, and a Super-Creep is created each new minion's wave. The ennemy is flooded and surrounded by too many minions and generally cannot defend the Nexus further. The game ends when this final building falls.

They are many other aspects that I didn't mention here, I'll do It in future posts if peoples are interrested.  :D
Zoost & Zoom libraries : An easy way to create and handle geometric objets, animate and use them for better graphics !

Zinlibs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 04:29:42 pm »
Hi there,

I'm currently working on a correct GUI, It remains many things to do to reach the design that I expect, but there is a first draft of my work :

Zinlibs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 02:25:29 pm »
Hello !

Since the last time, I have improved a lot the GUI, in particular the game menu which allows to easily control the client (set the resolution, choose the game server, etc...) and to send important request to the server (loggin, character choice, side, etc...).
Still no designer, so I make almost everything alone...  :D

See by yourself :

mateandmetal

• The bird is the word
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 09:16:50 pm »
very nice menu  8)
- Mate (beverage) addict
- Heavy metal addict _lml
- SFML 2 addict
- My first (and free) game: BichingISH!

anything