Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Morning there  (Read 2162 times)

haydxn

• View Profile
Morning there
« on: October 19, 2008, 01:33:00 pm »
Hallo, this is my first post on this forum; basically just saying a combination of "Hi" and "Thanks". I've been looking for a straightforward library to use for my spare-time game programming, and this is the first one that I've been genuinely impressed with.

As a full-time game coder, I use the company's engine tech day-to-day (which is lovely and well made, naturally :) ), but like to use something different when I get home. This is for a number of reasons; it gives me a little break, helps me to think in a different way about things (which helps back at work), and keeps me levelling up my EXP.
The problem til now though has been that, well - I only want to do 2D stuff really, and after work I'm not really in the mood to reinvent the wheel - especially for something so basic! For all the other libraries, it's always been a case of having to learn a lot about them before I can say "right, this is my 2D sprite-system strategy" and get going. Pah, I'm too tired!

But this is great; I can make use of the sprites right away, and have access to the other 3D gubbins too - basically, I can learn/use it in the order I want to, rather than the boring complimacationed way! I've managed to meet my goals in the first night of use (including successfully integrated another library I use which is normally a right pain in the arse).

So... Thanks! It's a wonderfully straightforward library. I look forward to following its development, and making use of it.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Morning there
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 03:27:36 pm »
Hi :)

Thank you very much for your feedback, I really apreciate it.

Don't hesitate to come back and report any problem or suggestion ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything