Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: non-dll runtime library  (Read 12868 times)

haydxn

• View Profile
non-dll runtime library
« on: October 20, 2008, 09:58:01 pm »
Howdy there,

This is a bit of a long-shot request, and I'd totally understand if it gets a cursory 'pah, no chance'.

I'm personally not a big fan of using the 'DLL' version of the runtime library (for whatever reasons, i just prefer to package as much statically as possible to avoid peculiar incompatibilities/dependencies). I've not had any problem in getting it all built using the non-DLL version, but it's a bit of a ball-ache. Right now the only way I see of doing it is going through each of the six projects in the solution and ammending the appropriate flag (in both debug static and release static configurations). Not that big a deal, but annoying non-the-less.

Is there any chance this setup could be provided on top of the current configurations in the build solution? I can see it getting very annoying to do it every time an update comes along!

Like I said, I imagine it's far from anyone's priority, but it'd be a really nice and highly appreciated touch :)

[EDIT: Sorry, I really thought my browser was still in the feature requests forum! I deserve a smack for getting it wrong, I'm sure.. feel free to move it to the correct place, naturally  :shock: d'oh!]

MadMartin

• View Profile
non-dll runtime library
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 02:32:59 pm »
I would second this very zealously :)

In my opinion it would be sufficent to add a "Release Static MT" configuration to the solution. Only difference to the "Release static" configuration would be the switch /MT.
I don't mind the debug version because they never leave my hdd anyway :wink:

It is no big deal and definitively wouldn't hurt anyone who doesn't want to use this.  :wink:

I would even supply a ready to use sln file :D

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
non-dll runtime library
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 02:42:52 pm »
Yep, sounds like a good idea. I'll add it to my task list as soon as possible.

Thanks for your feedback :)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

haydxn

• View Profile
non-dll runtime library
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 07:33:38 pm »
Oh, excellent :D

While I agree that in general a release configuration would be sufficient, I would like to request that the debug config be added too :). I'm using SFML in conjunction with another library which doesn't like using the DLL runtime, so it's static all the way for me.

Thank you for your prompt reply!

anything