Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: sfml gl lib  (Read 2311 times)

greeniekin

• View Profile
sfml gl lib
« on: March 07, 2012, 02:10:43 am »
I know previously in pre version 2 you seemed to allow the loading of extensions by an application through sfml. I know you have removed this as you are trying to add abstraction for gl es,xbox or whatever.

Though it seems you still load glew into the library, and your libraries are powerful and make it easy to develop for.

I know you can add GLee or glew again. Just seems a slight waste when it is in your library as well.
I was wondering if you might consider making SFML GL library. That helps integrate some of your libraries with someone aiming for using GL.

An example is your powerful font library. I rewrote a sfml text class to be more friendly with my needs in opengl. Also your file texture loading has saved me a huge hassle(nothing really needs to change there. It simply works).

even if the answer is no. Any ideas on what such a library would include would be helpful. Maybe an idea how Drawable classes can be used uniformly open gl.

I'm not really asking that scene managers and all that other stuff be included, because then that is essentially making a 3d engine.

While I do not expect you to drop everything and write it(I and hopefully the community would write it). Would it be something you would consider for inclusion with SFML?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
sfml gl lib
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 07:59:39 am »
Would it be something you would consider for inclusion with SFML?

No ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer