Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Malformed Frameworks?  (Read 2608 times)

zenroth

• View Profile
Malformed Frameworks?
« on: May 14, 2012, 10:30:08 pm »
So I was trying to submit a Mac version of one of our games which is using SFML to the Mac App Store, but the binary is being rejected due to the following:

Malformed Framework - The framework bundle (OurApp.app/Contents/Frameworks/sfml-audio.framework/Versions/2.0.0) must contain a symbolic link 'sfml-audio' -> 'Versions/Current/sfml-audio'. Refer to the Anatomy of Framework Bundles for more information.

Malformed Framework - The framework bundle (OurApp.app/Contents/Frameworks/sfml-audio.framework/Versions/2.0.0) must contain a symbolic link 'Resources' -> 'Versions/Current/Resources'.

I get this for each and every SFML framework included in the project.

Incidentally I also get a warning that the frameworks aren't signed, and don't have code signatures.

If I remember correctly I made these frameworks using the pre-release 2.0 code base and using command line cmake to make make files.

Any help would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:31:42 pm by zenroth »

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Malformed Frameworks?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 05:48:37 pm »
I don't know the exact requirements so if you have a pointer to an official document I would be grateful.

However, I'm not sure if I can do something about this because cmake handles all the process of building the frameworks.
SFML / OS X developer

zenroth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:00:32 pm »
I'm not sure what the issue with them is either. I tried remaking symlinks and such but ran into no success. The link that is provided is:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPFrameworks/Concepts/FrameworkAnatomy.html

Incidentally the sound file framework doesn't have this issue, its just the SFML frameworks.

In the end I went with the dylib versions, though I had to rename them to get them to load up properly from a app bundle, when not present on the system.

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 08:25:57 am »
Incidentally the sound file framework doesn't have this issue, its just the SFML frameworks.
I'm confused : in your first post you said there were errors with sfml-audio.

IF it's only «SFML.framework» that has issues then simply don't link to this one. (It contains only headers and is not required at all at runtime.)
SFML / OS X developer

zenroth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 10:17:35 pm »
Sorry, no all SFML frameworks have this problem.

I mean the libsound third pary framework doesn't have this issue. Their framework is magically correct for whatever reason.

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:11:13 am »
libsound
?? did you mean libsndfile ?

Could you list the exact names of the frameworks that do not work ?
SFML / OS X developer

anything