Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML 2.0 on Visual Studio 2010 64Bit  (Read 8428 times)

Phys1k3r

• View Profile
SFML 2.0 on Visual Studio 2010 64Bit
« on: September 26, 2012, 02:44:41 pm »
Hey,
I need SFML 2.0 to run on a project with Visual Studio 2010 that is compiled on 64 Bit systems...

Are there any precompiled libraries I can use for that?

Or do I have to compile them myself? And if I need so, how do I do that?

I already asked google, but I haven't found an answer. It is very important for me to have a fast solution for this problem.

thank you for your time!

FRex

• Back to C++ gamedev with SFML in May 2023
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SFML 2.0 on Visual Studio 2010 64Bit
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 02:53:41 pm »
Back to C++ gamedev with SFML in May 2023

Phys1k3r

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 03:06:35 pm »
hey,
I loaded this version of SFML: Windows - Visual C++ 2008 (7.20 MB)

when I open CMake and I have to choose where to finde the source code, I just the folder where the whole project is located:

When I try to compile I get this error message:
"CMake Error:  The source directory "C:/SFML2.0/cmake/Modules) does not appear to contain CMakelists.txt.
Specify -help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI."

Maybe I have the wrong installe package of SFML?

thank you!

EDIT: I searched the whole package for a CMakelists.txt but I haven't found it!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 03:09:24 pm by Phys1k3r »

FRex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 03:16:19 pm »
https://github.com/SFML/SFML
Download the repository as zip, unpack.
Open cmake, drag CMakeLists.txt onto cmake window and both paths should set themselves, click configure, slect type of files to make, then set your preferences and click generate and the files will be generated.

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 03:34:02 pm »
I loaded this version of SFML: Windows - Visual C++ 2008 (7.20 MB)

when I open CMake and I have to choose where to finde the source code, I just the folder where the whole project is located:

When I try to compile I get this error message:
"CMake Error:  The source directory "C:/SFML2.0/cmake/Modules) does not appear to contain CMakelists.txt.
Specify -help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI."

Maybe I have the wrong installe package of SFML?

EDIT: I searched the whole package for a CMakelists.txt but I haven't found it!
Those who can read have a clear advantage. FRex had already pointed out to read the tutorial where everything would've been explained.
Also can you explain to me why you download the package for Visual Studio 2008 when you could've downloaded the version for Visual Studio 2010, which would match your IDE version? ???

To make it again clear, there are no precompiled binaries for VS10 x64, so you'll have to compile SFML 2 on your own as described in the tutorial.
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

FRex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 03:36:56 pm »
Those who can read have a clear advantage.
It can be.. interesting at first.
I was first time ever using cmake yesterday to compile and install sfml and sfgui at midnight. Hilarity ensued.

Phys1k3r

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 04:07:27 pm »
Those who can read have a clear advantage. FRex had already pointed out to read the tutorial where everything would've been explained.
Also can you explain to me why you download the package for Visual Studio 2008 when you could've downloaded the version for Visual Studio 2010, which would match your IDE version? ???

To make it again clear, there are no precompiled binaries for VS10 x64, so you'll have to compile SFML 2 on your own as described in the tutorial.

Jeah, reading every detail is not my strength  ;)
Sometimes everybody misses something. I thought it would be enough, if I load the package from the offical site.

It was another mistake of me. Yes, of course I loaded the version for VC 2010. I was just a in hurry, because I got a little pressure here!

By now, compiling has worked, but I does not work with my project. I will post more information in a few minutes, when I checked more things.

Phys1k3r

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 05:08:25 pm »
Hello again:
I have compiled SFML 2.0 and I got all the debug and release libraries and dlls.

When I want to compile my project, I get these errors: (Had to translate it from german in to english, as I only have a german visual studio. I'd prefer an english one, but I don't have one)

1>  angleControl.cpp
1>angleControl.cpp(17): error C2665: "sf::Text::Text": Not all arguments could be converted by all 3 Overloads
1>          D:\sfml\include\SFML/Graphics/Text.hpp(293): can 'sf::Text::Text(const sf::Text &)' bei while adjusting the argument list '(const wchar_t [2])''

code I use is:
        phiText         = sf::Text::Text("TEST");

EDIT:
I just excluded these lines of my project, now I get these errors: (I am sorry for the german errors, I will only translate the first ones)

>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(Shape.obj) : error LNK2038: Conflict detected for "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": The Value "2" is not equal to "0" in angleControl.obj.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(Text.obj) : error LNK2038:  Conflict detected for "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": The Value "2" is not equal to "0" in angleControl.obj.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(Color.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(Transformable.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(CircleShape.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(RenderTarget.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(RenderStates.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(RectangleShape.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(RenderWindow.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(VertexArray.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(Texture.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(Transform.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(Font.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(View.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(GLCheck.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(Shader.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(Image.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(TextureSaver.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(ImageLoader.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(Window.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoMode.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(GlContext.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImpl.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(VideoModeImpl.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WglContext.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(WindowImplWin32.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(JoystickManager.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-window-s-d.lib(JoystickImpl.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-system-s-d.lib(String.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-system-s-d.lib(Err.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>sfml-system-s-d.lib(ThreadLocal.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>msvcprt.lib(MSVCP100.dll) : error LNK2005: "public: class std::locale::facet * __cdecl std::locale::facet::_Decref(void)" (?_Decref@facet@locale@std@@QEAAPEAV123@XZ) ist bereits in sfml-graphics-s-d.lib(Texture.obj) definiert.
1>libcpmtd.lib(stdthrow.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: static void __cdecl std::locale::facet::_Facet_Register(class std::locale::facet *)"

(?_Facet_Register@facet@locale@std@@CAXPEAV123@@Z) is already defined in msvcprt.lib(locale0_implib.obj) .
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: static class std::locale::_Locimp * __cdecl std::locale::_Getgloballocale(void)" (?_Getgloballocale@locale@std@@CAPEAV_Locimp@12@XZ) is already defined in msvcprt.lib(MSVCP100.dll) .
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: static class std::locale::_Locimp * __cdecl std::locale::_Init(void)" (?_Init@locale@std@@CAPEAV_Locimp@12@XZ) ist bereits in msvcprt.lib(MSVCP100.dll) definiert.
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_ctor(class std::_Locinfo *,char const *)" (?_Locinfo_ctor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPEAV12@PEBD@Z) ist bereits in msvcprt.lib(MSVCP100.dll) definiert.
1>libcpmtd.lib(locale0.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: static void __cdecl std::_Locinfo::_Locinfo_dtor(class std::_Locinfo *)" (?_Locinfo_dtor@_Locinfo@std@@SAXPEAV12@@Z) ist bereits in msvcprt.lib(MSVCP100.dll) definiert.
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>libcpmtd.lib(ios.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>libcpmtd.lib(ios.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: static void __cdecl std::ios_base::_Ios_base_dtor(class std::ios_base *)" (?_Ios_base_dtor@ios_base@std@@CAXPEAV12@@Z) ist bereits in msvcprt.lib(MSVCP100.dll) definiert.
1>libcpmtd.lib(ios.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: static void __cdecl std::ios_base::_Addstd(class std::ios_base *)" (?_Addstd@ios_base@std@@SAXPEAV12@@Z) ist bereits in msvcprt.lib(MSVCP100.dll) definiert.
1>libcpmtd.lib(iosptrs.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>libcpmtd.lib(xlock.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "2" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "0" in angleControl.obj überein.
1>libcpmtd.lib(xlock.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __cdecl std::_Lockit::_Lockit(int)" (??0_Lockit@std@@QEAA@H@Z) ist bereits in msvcprt.lib(MSVCP100.dll) definiert.
1>libcpmtd.lib(xlock.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __cdecl std::_Lockit::~_Lockit(void)" (??1_Lockit@std@@QEAA@XZ) ist bereits in msvcprt.lib(MSVCP100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(setlocal.obj) : error LNK2005: _configthreadlocale ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __cdecl std::exception::exception(char const * const &)" (??0exception@std@@QEAA@AEBQEBD@Z) ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __cdecl std::exception::exception(class std::exception const &)" (??0exception@std@@QEAA@AEBV01@@Z) ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __cdecl std::exception::~exception(void)" (??1exception@std@@UEAA@XZ) ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual char const * __cdecl std::exception::what(void)const " (?what@exception@std@@UEBAPEBDXZ) ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __cdecl std::bad_cast::bad_cast(char const *)" (??0bad_cast@std@@QEAA@PEBD@Z) ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: __cdecl std::bad_cast::bad_cast(class std::bad_cast const &)" (??0bad_cast@std@@QEAA@AEBV01@@Z) ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(stdexcpt.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __cdecl std::bad_cast::~bad_cast(void)" (??1bad_cast@std@@UEAA@XZ) ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: _invalid_parameter ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(dbghook.obj) : error LNK2005: __crt_debugger_hook ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(lconv.obj) : error LNK2005: localeconv ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(sprintf.obj) : error LNK2005: sprintf ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(sprintf.obj) : error LNK2005: sprintf_s ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(winxfltr.obj) : error LNK2005: _XcptFilter ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: exit ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _exit ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _cexit ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _amsg_exit ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _initterm_e ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(mlock.obj) : error LNK2005: _lock ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(mlock.obj) : error LNK2005: _unlock ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2005: mainCRTStartup ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(crtexe.obj) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(errmode.obj) : error LNK2005: __set_app_type ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: __xi_a ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: __xi_z ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: __xc_a ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(crt0init.obj) : error LNK2005: __xc_z ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(cinitexe.obj) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(hooks.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl terminate(void)" (?terminate@@YAXXZ) ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(tolower.obj) : error LNK2005: tolower ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(_file.obj) : error LNK2005: __iob_func ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(_file.obj) : error LNK2005: _lock_file ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(_file.obj) : error LNK2005: _unlock_file ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LIBCMTD.lib(fflush.obj) : error LNK2005: fflush ist bereits in MSVCRT.lib(MSVCR100.dll) definiert.
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: Standardbibliothek "MSVCRT"  is in conflict with outher libraries; /NODEFAULTLIB:Bibliothek verwenden.
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: Standardbibliothek "LIBCMTD"  is in conflict with outher libraries; /NODEFAULTLIB:Bibliothek verwenden.
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: Standardbibliothek "LIBCMT" is in conflict with outher libraries; /NODEFAULTLIB:Libraries  usage
1>C:\Users\osmin\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\calibrationControl\x64\Debug\calibrationControl.exe : fatal error LNK1169: Mindestens ein mehrfach definiertes Symbol gefunden.
========== Erstellen: 0 erfolgreich, Fehler bei 1, 0 aktuell, 0 übersprungen ==========
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:18:28 pm by Phys1k3r »

FRex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 05:15:08 pm »
sf::Font wunderbar_font;
//load font
sf::Text danke=sf::Text::Text("Ach mein Gott!",wunderbar_font);

Also don't write sf::Text::Text, just sf::Text would work too.
There are 3 c-tors, default(), copy(other text) and from string, font(since removal of default font, can't be ommited) and size(size can be ommited). Compiler can't convert single argument of type string to match one of these. The error is actually telling you that blantly:"Not all arguments could be converted by all 3 Overloads"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:16:39 pm by FRex »

Phys1k3r

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 05:19:19 pm »
sf::Font wunderbar_font;
//load font
sf::Text danke=sf::Text::Text("Ach mein Gott!",wunderbar_font);

Also don't write sf::Text::Text, just sf::Text would work too.
There are 3 c-tors, default(), copy(other text) and from string, font(since removal of default font, can't be ommited) and size(size can be ommited). Compiler can't convert single argument of type string to match one of these. The error is actually telling you that blantly:"Not all arguments could be converted by all 3 Overloads"

it is strange, because it works with the 32 bit Libraries

Edit: And I got even more confusing errors in the post before that. For now I try your code

FRex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 05:22:47 pm »
it is strange, because it works with the 32 bit Libraries
from string, font(since removal of default font, can't be ommited) and size(size can be ommited).
With the precompiled pre-font removal ones?

Blind shot for these linker errors: Try to clean your solution(Build/Clean solution) OR delete entire debug/release/whatever folder in your solution directory that holds .obj and .exe files and then build entire solution again.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:32:03 pm by FRex »

Phys1k3r

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 01:41:10 pm »
Hey,
I did the clean and rebuild, but I still get the same errors.

Do you have any solution for me?

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 01:49:03 pm »
You somehow mix around libraries and debug/release modes.
Make sure that all the settings are the same.

Create a new and empty project and follow 1:1 the official tutorial and link against your compiled SFML version.

——————————————————————

Phys1k3r

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 02:08:18 pm »
You somehow mix around libraries and debug/release modes.
Make sure that all the settings are the same.

Create a new and empty project and follow 1:1 the official tutorial and link against your compiled SFML version.

Ok,
I did the tutorial from here: http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.0/start-vc.php

and it works with the 32 Bit libraries...

When I do the same on my project, it does not work.
It is very strange, that the same code works with the 32 bit version, but not with the 64 bit...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:31:40 pm by Phys1k3r »

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 02:26:36 pm »
and it works with the 64bit libraries...
I guess you meant 32bit libraries.

When I do the same on my project, it does not work.
It is very strange, that the same code works with the 32 bit version, but not with the 64 bit...
You've either some mistakes in your project setup or you've compiled the libraries with wrong settings.

The errors essentially mean that you mix runtime libraries, which you shouldn't do.
Do you want to link dynamically or statically?
Do you want to link the runtime library dynamically or statically?

If you're not sure if your libraries were build right you can try to download these (contains debug & release - static & dynamic but all use the dynamic runtime library).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:28:32 pm by eXpl0it3r »
——————————————————————

anything