Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Wired controller issue  (Read 5546 times)

Chuck

• View Profile
Xbox 360 Wired controller issue
« on: January 30, 2009, 05:13:16 pm »
Hi there!

I'm running Windows Vista 32 bit, and using Visual Studio 2008 Professional (got to love the freebies from university :D), and I'm using  
SFML/CSFML/dotNet bindings 1.4.

However, I seem to have run into an issue when using the dotNet bindings and there is a Xbox 360 USB wired controller plugged in. On the call to new Window(Resolution, WindowTitle), it just hangs. Upon debugging it seems to be stalling on the call to CSFML in the constructor. I have not yet setup VS to trace into the CSFML (that is tonights project!), nor have I tried creating a project using straight CSFML (rather then .Net >> CSFML >> SFML), but I have confirmed that it is not an issue with pure C++ SFML, as the C++ window example runs just fine with or without the controller plugged in.

Also I have no problems creating the window with out the controller plugged in. And the issue happens in both my own project, and the sample C# window project.

Has anyone else come across this, or seen issues with other controllers? I only have 360 controllers to test with unfortunately, so I don't know if its a problem with those controllers alone and their enumeration, or with controller enumeration in general. I plan on doing some more investigation tonight, and see what I can figure out.

Thanks!

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 11:36:06 pm »
It was fixed today ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Chuck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 06:31:21 am »
Oh, nice! That was quick. :)
Did it hit the SVN? I'd love to grab the latest version and give it a spin!

[edit]Nevermind, I just saw that it was fixed in SVN in somewhere in the general board. Thanks![/edit]

anything